Bus Operator (TA) Exam #9618

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.71b36a2103f0305bdbdc1fc057f33cd1.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 9618

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 8, 2021, with an expiration date, as of now, of September 8th, 2025.

Pay: Starts at $26.19 and increases to $37.42 in the sixth year of service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: () - For Medical: ()

Next Training Class: To Be Determined in 2023 (Last one was September 25th, 2022)

Resources: To find out your list number, click here and type either your last name or "9618" into the search box on the top right hand side of the screen.

If you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(Updated November 5th, 2022)

28 minutes ago, Mido said:

Thank you for responding, yes I took General Knowledge and Passenger Endorsement, and I got class C license so I need to add air brakes , please make sure I’m good because I don’t want to be disqualified I’m very confused and thanks everyone.

When you go to the DMV, just talk to the representatives and you should be good to go.

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, misslo said:

I was gonna say something earlier. But yeah, I was there last week for day 1 processing and a guy who i think works for the MTA in some capacity, one of the HR people was persuading him to downgrade to the class B, my mans was not having it. It was a real argument that day. It was settled somehow, but they (MTA) is starting to move funny now. As in they're combing through the details of your application and really parsing the details of the license.

If this is the case, then why is it that, on page 3 (or page 4 of the PDF document) of the original Notice of Examination, and on page 3 of the updated Notice of Examination for Exams 2611, 2612, 2613, 2614 and 3601, it states that the applicant needs either a Class A or B CDL "with a passenger [P] endorsement and no restrictions that would preclude the performance of Bus Operator work?"

Interesting...

Edited by +Young+
Addition

On 8/27/2022 at 4:01 PM, kc204 said:

Hello. i went for initial interview and forgot my birth certificate so they told me i need to call a number to reschedule although the number they gave me did not work. anyone know what i can do?

My apologies for the late post, however, have you considered trying the phone numbers in this post? Hopefully this will do the trick for you.

Good luck!!

On 8/28/2022 at 10:36 PM, +Young+ said:

My apologies for the late post, however, have you considered trying the phone numbers in this post? Hopefully this will do the trick for you.

Good luck!!

Thanks! turns out they took me off the list because i "failed to show up to medical". I had to call DCAS and get reinstated. Now i'm waiting for my medical to be rescheduled

31 minutes ago, kc204 said:

Thanks! turns out they took me off the list because i "failed to show up to medical". I had to call DCAS and get reinstated. Now i'm waiting for my medical to be rescheduled

You didn't get a email or phone call or mailing from them?? Wow... im waiting as well. I did day ONE 8 business days ago 😬

33 minutes ago, kc204 said:

You didn't get a email or phone call or mailing from them?? Wow... im waiting as well. I did day ONE 8 business days ago 😬

Just received email to come in for medical on September 8th! I did DayONE on August 22nd. Originally canvassed in mid March but had to restore my name to the list ( I'm list 3××). So if all goes well with DayTWO medical and fingerprints I'll be in the September 25th class! Wow 3 years in the making. Almost there! Good luck everyone. 

2 hours ago, Richi3stayfly said:

Does anyone know wat are the steps for medical do they take blood or give u another drug test ? 

no. EKG, HEARING, SEEING, PHYSICAL, NECK SIZE CHECK  and if you fail either you will be placed on medical hold

Edited by misslo

8 hours ago, Boo Bear said:

That’s great for Day 2 on September 8.
How much is the finger prints process?

Do you  have to bring a money order?

I hope I get my email I went on Aug 25

Good luck

:(   The MTA wants a blank Money Order. Only Postal Money Order (DO NOT WRITE ON THE MONEY ORDER.) This means you walk into any post office in Brooklyn or the one in your neighbourhood or Cadman Plaza or their finance station on Joralemon Street in the Municipal building (9am - 5pm - M-F). Some Post offices have finance stations (hole in the wall places, that takes small packages, small services (stamps and money orders) I mentioned Cadman Plaza cuz thats a big carrier station, that deals with all the businesses in the downtown Brooklyn area (formerly GPO) that has the retail window opens 7am -8pm M-F AND 8-AM- 4PM ON Sat). It is in walking distance from the MTA. Only purchase your MO when you get invited for your medical. Fingerprints for the MTA last a year, Postal MO last forever. Whenever MTA call you its always going to be a whole day process.

How to Send Domestic Money Orders

Decide on the money order amount. You can send up to $1,000 in a single order anywhere in the United States.

Go to any Post Office location.

Take cash, a debit card, or a traveler’s check. You cannot pay with a credit card.

Money Order Fees

Fees are based on the money order dollar amount.

Dollar Amount Fee

$0.01 to $500.00 + $1.65

$500.01 to $1,000.00 + $2.20

Postal Military Money Orders (issued by military facilities)

$0.55

Suffice to say $88.25 +$1.65 = $89.90 ;) 

Edited by misslo

For real I am filling out the forms for TA and my word its a lot of forms - rather archaic. redundancy. Its like filling out the application twice.  Nah OA is much simpler. I am going all the way and never looking back. This is just too much paper work just to drive the NYC buses. No wonder people get fed up when they reach Livingston. This is an unnecessary hassle.

Been here since 630am for day2 and my Medical was done at 1230p (I was qualified 😊 ) but had to do drug test AGAIN! Cause class starts after the 30days since the last one. It's now 410p and NOBODY has been called since 1pm. Room of 15+ applicant's waiting for labs.... This is so wrong and dirty to do people who wanna work for you smh

1 minute ago, Boo Bear said:

Wow congratulations on being Qualified….  But when does the next class start?   This is crazy how TA is not organized with this process….  Looks like after September 11 class, next one is the 25th…. We will see. Please keep us posted on your progress.. Thank you 

Yes ofcourse! Thank you.... im on track to be in the September 25th class. I still have to go back to 180 to finish day2 processing and fingerprints smh

On 9/3/2022 at 7:29 AM, Boo Bear said:

That’s great for Day 2 on September 8.
How much is the finger prints process?

Do you  have to bring a money order?

I hope I get my email I went on Aug 25

Good luck

Hey did you ever get your email yet to come in for medical ? I’m also waiting too went in for day 1 on Aug 29