Bus Operator (TA) Exam #9618

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.71b36a2103f0305bdbdc1fc057f33cd1.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 9618

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 8, 2021, with an expiration date, as of now, of September 8th, 2025.

Pay: Starts at $26.19 and increases to $37.42 in the sixth year of service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: () - For Medical: ()

Next Training Class: To Be Determined in 2023 (Last one was September 25th, 2022)

Resources: To find out your list number, click here and type either your last name or "9618" into the search box on the top right hand side of the screen.

If you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(Updated November 5th, 2022)

Word of advice, if just filling out paperwork is too stressful, this job might not be the one for you. Once hired you will have no set schedule, working whatever hours they throw your way, you’ll only find out the day before. So be prepared to work weekends, holidays and random hours. Sometimes you only get 8 hours in between the runs. With this job you must have patience. If not, good luck you’ll be in a world of hurt. Like anything though, with time it gets better. 

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, HeadhunterCali said:

How far along were you when you had to restore your name?? My dumbass was at final processing.... waiting for that to happen when i got too stressed with the looong process and make the mistake of telling them to "Take my name off the list" smh.... im hoping since i was at Final Processing that I'll be able to continue from there..... but I'm not holding my breath.... I'll learn to have more patience the next time around 😅😅

I was right at the beginning. When I showed up for initial interview I forgot a birth certificate and they discontinued me. 

Just now, bkborn said:

Word of advice, if just filling out paperwork is too stressful, this job might not be the one for you. Once hired you will have no set schedule, working whatever hours they throw your way, you’ll only find out the day before. So be prepared to work weekends, holidays and random hours. Sometimes you only get 8 hours in between the runs. With this job you must have patience. If not, good luck you’ll be in a world of hurt. Like anything though, with time it gets better. 

I've NEVER dealt with a hiring process like NYC Transit.... 3 years to get called and then hoops and jumps to get to training. Yea shit was frustrating af! As for the job.... ive been a city bus Operator for 11 years. ExtraBoard...Regular Runs...8 hour between shifts... 4 hour long breaks.... passengers...Holidays...overnight...late night.....on report/StandBy for 8 hours and about to go home when i get called to do a 8 hour run.... yea i hear ya! I've done it all lol

1 hour ago, HeadhunterCali said:

I've NEVER dealt with a hiring process like NYC Transit.... 3 years to get called and then hoops and jumps to get to training. Yea shit was frustrating af! As for the job.... ive been a city bus Operator for 11 years. ExtraBoard...Regular Runs...8 hour between shifts... 4 hour long breaks.... passengers...Holidays...overnight...late night.....on report/StandBy for 8 hours and about to go home when i get called to do a 8 hour run.... yea i hear ya! I've done it all lol

With Livingston, your best bet is to keep in frequent contact. Make them remember your name. Shouldn’t have to be this way but that’s the best way to go about it. 

32 minutes ago, HeadhunterCali said:

I didn't even ask about October. I was just so fed up at that point. I have since calmed down tho. I'm cool with where I'm at for the time being. I just wish i was this level headed last week. Meh oh well. :/

Trust me I understand u not the only one just don’t get dis courage u didn’t get this far no reason just trust the process it’s people out here that’s on medical hold at lease u got pass that !!!

8 hours ago, Richi3stayfly said:

Trust me I understand u not the only one just don’t get dis courage u didn’t get this far no reason just trust the process it’s people out here that’s on medical hold at lease u got pass that !!!

Yea you can't be too truthful on that medical questionnaire cause it'll trigger a medical hold. I'm pretty healthy person but i still answered "NO" to everything on that questionnaire lol

I'll know hopefully by the end of next week if i can finish where i left off or if I'll have to do DayOne and DayTWO again.

1 hour ago, misslo said:

Received a voicemail this morning to come in either on Thursday or Friday :)  for final processing.

Did it say if you're still being considered for Sunday's class?? I go in tomorrow morning for final processing as well. Thank God me putting my foot in my mouth last week didn't cost me like it could've! I'm mentally prepared now to stay well into the night if i have to lol although final processing usually just takes half a day as I've seen when I've gone for Day one and two. We get to wait on the "other side" now haha almost there.... 😏👌🏾

2 hours ago, HeadhunterCali said:

Did it say if you're still being considered for Sunday's class?? I go in tomorrow morning for final processing as well. Thank God me putting my foot in my mouth last week didn't cost me like it could've! I'm mentally prepared now to stay well into the night if i have to lol although final processing usually just takes half a day as I've seen when I've gone for Day one and two. We get to wait on the "other side" now haha almost there.... 😏👌🏾

I don't think my senses are deceiving me. It has always stated that in the email. Plus the call I had received today mentioned it.

4 minutes ago, misslo said:

I don't think my senses are deceiving me. It has always stated that in the email. Plus the call I had received today mentioned it.

Nice!! Congratulations... I was called again today after i got my appointment email for tomorrow and was told by St Jean that the 9/25 class is now filled and once the new class is scheduled I'll THEN come in for final processing. No problem... Happy 4 you Misslo and I'll see ya out there! Be sure to please fill us in on the 7-10 day Training! 😊

1 hour ago, Boo Bear said:

My list is 25xx.  I went down on 8/25. 
still not heard about final proceedings..

what’s was your list?   Wanted to know. If I had a chance.  Thanks 

Had a chance of what? Being considered for the Sept 25 class? Did you go in for a second urine test alongside your medical? There's still two business days left before the Sept 25th class. Assuming transit works as fast as the speed of light. Maybe? I guess.

So that you don't stress yourself out with questions.  The process goes like this ---> Canvass 1st urine test (drug test) and then 2nd processing is medical and then final processing for whatever class dates that are approve. This process takes a whole month give or take you're in good health and have all documents and ducks in a row. Keep in mind that you may have to be drug tested twice within a month and also do medical on the same day esp if theyre considering you for a class that has been scheduled more than a month of your first drug test. Class is held every two weeks. *fingers crossed* Each time you go to transit always carry your documents (application and all identifying documents- passport drivers licence social security card cdl permit birth certificate if no passport. 

Money order is brought on final processing day. 

My list is a thousand and something. I was called first in February resigned and now I am almost at the final stretch.

18 minutes ago, HeadhunterCali said:

Nice!! Congratulations... I was called again today after i got my appointment email for tomorrow and was told by St Jean that the 9/25 class is now filled and once the new class is scheduled I'll THEN come in for final processing. No problem... Happy 4 you Misslo and I'll see ya out there! Be sure to please fill us in on the 7-10 day Training! 😊

Ok. Thats good. knowing me I am going to be nervous as hell. I am trying to see if I could still train and work for the two weeks. Welp.

6 hours ago, misslo said:

Received a voicemail this morning to come in either on Thursday or Friday :)  for final processing.

How long was the duration from which you got a "conditional offer" to them actually calling you in for "final processing"?

Congrats on the hopeful final step there. 

16 hours ago, Alucard said:

How long was the duration from which you got a "conditional offer" to them actually calling you in for "final processing"?

Congrats on the hopeful final step there. 

Anecdotally, It has always been like a month. I have been going to the pre-employment process for a little over a year. For OA application last year was really like 19/21 days. So from OA to TA Bus Operator Applications drug test to final processing takes a month.  But for me, I took all the BO exams mostly OA and TA.  Me personally speaking OA is that girl in terms of the employment process/paperwork. But everybody be saying TA is better, bleh.

20 hours ago, HeadhunterCali said:

Did he atlease tell u when is the next class after 25th? 

I went yesterday for fingerprinting. I got there at 8:30am dead the f*ck tired from work earlier (P.O.)in the morning. I was supposed be there at 8am, oh well. St.Jean actually called me to make sure i was there and still coming. He asked where I was. Quizzically answered "I am on the 5th floor filling out paperwork." The only thing changed for me was my pass number.My BSCID number is still the same.  from OA to TA I had to be fingerprinted electronically cuz last year was ink for OA. Apparently TA dont take inked fingerprints. Also my pass ID picture for OA last year is the same ( I think it was blue). I took so many BO exams, the whole time I am thinking i am being processed for 9618 nah he printed out the paper(for zerega)  and it was for 9604 (I was never drug tested, they held my spot but I never bothered) *blink blink*. Welp. When St.John interviewed me, he asked me if everything on the paper was correct. I said yes - lol. TA is too much paperwork to change at the last minute.

I know people say TA is better. I guess I can research why. But for future BO if OA calls just go for OA , TA is too much paperwork. The TA BO's dont tell you that (I asked for my own little research) If you're an ESL person (no shade even though the British conquered my little country, English is rough for me as well) OA paperwork is less complicated and not much paperwork. G*d damn my wrist and fingers hurt from so much writing and typing.

Maybe I am anxious and fraught with a lot of emotions but man my MV number from OA was cute and easy to remember (it was like a bus number from the buses that look like beetle bug), my Pass number from OA was cute and easy for me to remember. Anyway :deadhorse:

5 hours ago, misslo said:

I went yesterday for fingerprinting. I got there at 8:30am dead the f*ck tired from work earlier (P.O.)in the morning. I was supposed be there at 8am, oh well. St.Jean actually called me to make sure i was there and still coming. He asked where I was. Quizzically answered "I am on the 5th floor filling out paperwork." The only thing changed for me was my pass number.My BSCID number is still the same.  from OA to TA I had to be fingerprinted electronically cuz last year was ink for OA. Apparently TA dont take inked fingerprints. Also my pass ID picture for OA last year is the same ( I think it was blue). I took so many BO exams, the whole time I am thinking i am being processed for 9618 nah he printed out the paper(for zerega)  and it was for 9604 (I was never drug tested, they held my spot but I never bothered) *blink blink*. Welp. When St.John interviewed me, he asked me if everything on the paper was correct. I said yes - lol. TA is too much paperwork to change at the last minute.

I know people say TA is better. I guess I can research why. But for future BO if OA calls just go for OA , TA is too much paperwork. The TA BO's dont tell you that (I asked for my own little research) If you're an ESL person (no shade even though the British conquered my little country, English is rough for me as well) OA paperwork is less complicated and not much paperwork. G*d damn my wrist and fingers hurt from so much writing and typing.

Maybe I am anxious and fraught with a lot of emotions but man my MV number from OA was cute and easy to remember (it was like a bus number from the buses that look like beetle bug), my Pass number from OA was cute and easy for me to remember. Anyway :deadhorse:

Goodluck tomorrow and this week. Please keep us updated on the 7-10 day training. 😊