Bee Line Service Changes effective 4/8/19

GreatOne2k

26 minutes ago, GreatOne2k said:

https://transportation.westchestergov.com/images/stories/Schedules/2019sprpostereng.pdf

Notables:

Added trips: 1 (Sunday), 2 (weekdays), 42 (weekdays), 55 (weekdays), and 60 (weekdays and Sunday)

Deleted trips: BxM4C  The last two S/B  trips are combined into a new trip. The first two N/B trips are combined into a new trip

Also seems like they're changing Loop C & D to interline with each other.

And as usual, no added 4 service on weekends...

Alright, they keep messing around with trips on the thing (BxmC4), but still have buses running to Harding Av.... Even well before they raised the fare, ever since they cut the thing back from the Transcenter, it has been useless in White Plains..... Why even run buses that far north anymore? They're not patronized... They were trigger happy in cutting it back from the Financial district, but yet the aforementioned part of the route still remains intact.....

My point is that the thing is an immense waste of mileage for the (supposed) purpose of its existence now & I'm surprised it's lasted this long ever since the fare was raised..... Inter-county riders used to take it as if it were a #20 that went to Manhattan before all the cuts/changes to the thing... Now it's more like a long drawn-out shuttle that shows up, whenever, that takes, whoever, to Manhattan.... You board the thing now & it resembles RR "bustitution" instead of a fixed/express route operation....

It doesn't really cater to anybody... It just, exists.

But yet we have routes like the #4, #7, and the #25 that are underserved... Go figure.

1 hour ago, B35 via Church said:

Alright, they keep messing around with trips on the thing (BxmC4), but still have buses running to Harding Av.... Even well before they raised the fare, ever since they cut the thing back from the Transcenter, it has been useless in White Plains..... Why even run buses that far north anymore? They're not patronized... They were trigger happy in cutting it back from the Financial district, but yet the aforementioned part of the route still remains intact.....

My point is that the thing is an immense waste of mileage for the (supposed) purpose of its existence now & I'm surprised it's lasted this long ever since the fare was raised..... Inter-county riders used to take it as if it were a #20 that went to Manhattan before all the cuts/changes to the thing... Now it's more like a long drawn-out shuttle that shows up, whenever, that takes, whoever, to Manhattan.... You board the thing now & it resembles RR "bustitution" instead of a fixed/express route operation....

But yet we have routes like the #4, #7, and the #25 that are underserved... Go figure.

THANK YOU!

The BxM4C sees **some** ridership, but the price is just to dam high...that's why I tend to take the BxM3 instead (and at times the BxM4). All it is it just a 21 to Manhattan...

Meanwhile crucial routes like the #4 go underserved with horrendous weekend service...I still don't get how the last #4 from Bedford Park leaves at 9 PM on Sunday, meanwhile on Saturday it leaves at 11 PM.

I have to wonder how much more SRO the 55 is during the AM Rush, compared to the PM Rush (especially with n/b service past 5:30 PM). I really do hope they address n/b evening service next. It really needs it.

Also, speaking of carrying air, I'm honestly not surprised they decided to merge the last two s/b trips on the BxM4C. I've taken that 12 Noon s/b trip enough times to know this merge was expected. I've never seen more than 3 people (other than myself) on that trip whenever I've used it, and usually when I get off at around Rockefeller, I'm the last one off...which I think says more than enough.

I do wonder what the demand for n/b 60 service to White Plains is like on Sundays...seeing how [seemingly] early the last trip out of Fordham going all the way to White Plains is has me a bit perplexed...

TIL the first trip/bus of the day begins before 5 AM, and I haven't realized it for so long. (See: Route 2 Timetable)

25 minutes ago, Axis said:

I have to wonder how much more SRO the 55 is during the AM Rush, compared to the PM Rush (especially with n/b service past 5:30 PM). I really do hope they address n/b evening service next. It really needs it.

Also, speaking of carrying air, I'm honestly not surprised they decided to merge the last two s/b trips on the BxM4C. I've taken that 12 Noon s/b trip enough times to know this merge was expected. I've never seen more than 3 people (other than myself) on that trip whenever I've used it, and usually when I get off at around Rockefeller, I'm the last one off...which I think says more than enough.

I do wonder what the demand for n/b 60 service to White Plains is like on Sundays...seeing how [seemingly] early the last trip out of Fordham going all the way to White Plains is has me a bit perplexed...

TIL the first trip/bus of the day in the entire Bee-Line Bus System begins before 5 AM, and I haven't realized it for so long. (See: Route 2 Timetable)

Whoops, didn't clarify.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2019 at 8:45 AM, B35 via Church said:

This is what really pisses me off about the gohdamn 4C. Honestly I'd use that motherf****r if it ran into WP proper. Took it  one time back in 2010, we get to Hardind av, B/O is like, last stop, then that cold-arse walk into downtown WP, I said never again, ain't been on it since.

1 hour ago, Missabassie said:

This is what really pisses me off about the gohdamn 4C. Honestly I'd use that motherf****r if it ran into WP proper. Took it  one time back in 2010, we get to Hardind av, B/O is like, last stop, then that cold-arse walk into downtown WP, I said never again, ain't been on it since.

Yeah, the price isn't a major deal to me - it's the fact that they a] cut it back from the transcenter to Harding av & b] cut weekend service.....

I have no personal use for it anymore.

18 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

Yeah, the price isn't a major deal to me - it's the fact that they a] cut it back from the transcenter to Harding av & b] cut weekend service.....

I have no personal use for it anymore.

Literally everything Asstorino did to desecrate the BxM4C back in 2009/2010 is what killed it for me (and most of it's ridership in general).
-Overinflating the fare too high too quickly
-Cutting back service from the Transcenter AND Wall Street
-Removing everything besides s/b departures on weekdays between 5 AM & 12 Noon, or n/b departures on weekdays between 12 Noon and 8:15 PM

Would simply reverting to the pre-Astorino BxM4C be warranted? It'd be a dream come true, but realistically it won't catch on fast enough to instantly be worth it.

Would gradually reverting to enough of a semblance of the pre-Astorino BxM4C potentially work (by slowly reintroducing what was previously cut)? I think it would.

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 2:44 PM, Lawrence St said:

Was the Wall St portion heavily used?

I wouldn't say heavily.....

Moderate, at best.

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 9:18 AM, Axis said:

Would simply reverting to the pre-Astorino BxM4C be warranted? It'd be a dream come true, but realistically it won't catch on fast enough to instantly be worth it.

Would gradually reverting to enough of a semblance of the pre-Astorino BxM4C potentially work (by slowly reintroducing what was previously cut)? I think it would.

If a full restoration of the route were to happen in bits & pieces, it would likely depend on what would be restored first (I'd say it'd probably have to be the fare decrease)...

I would definitely say that for the sake of affirmative action, reverting/reducing the fare would be warranted. Because...how does anyone in their right mind BOTH cut the BxM4C, AND overinflate the fare on whatever trips remain? It's clearly a doubly whammy that ever since then has had a lot of people forced to take the forsaken (B)(D) & (4) trains & 20/21 buses.

Archived