MTA Reorganization Plan: Andy Byford Stripped of Power due to Prince Andrew's Jealousy, Commuters in for more than a "Summer of Hell"

Union Tpke

15 hours ago, Wallyhorse said:

Which can be remedied by adding a new OOS transfer between the (G) at Fulton and the (2)(3)(4)(5)(B)(D)(N)(Q)(R) at Atlantic-Barclays.  

Crowds will flock to a quarter mile walk through the elements! Barely any different than an x-platform. 

6 hours ago, RR503 said:

Crowds will flock to a quarter mile walk through the elements! Barely any different than an x-platform. 

I suspect some would do it and deal with it.  You can in that scenario beef up the (G) between Church and Bedford-Nostrand for that purpose. 

7 hours ago, Wallyhorse said:

I suspect some would do it and deal with it.  You can in that scenario beef up the (G) between Church and Bedford-Nostrand for that purpose. 

Sure, maybe one or two people. But few in their right mind will opt to add an outdoor walk to their commutes — especially when said walk can only be accessed via backtracking from Culver. 

Also, if you’re adding (G) service, you should overlay on the demand, not where you wish the demand was — so north of Bednos. 

Edited by RR503

9 hours ago, Wallyhorse said:

I too would like to connect the (C) and (G) with the (2)(3)(4)(5)(B)(D)(N)(Q)(R) but an outdoor transfer is not going to entice people to make the transfer. If there was a way to build a transfer passageway from the (B)(Q) at Hanson Place to the underpass at Fulton Street on the (G) and then continuing to Lafayette Av on the (C), that would be great.

In the grand scheme of things it really is unfortunate that the (G) misses all these transfers (and I guess you could also say the same for the lack of a proper way to turn trains at Hoyt-Schermerhorn)

36 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

I too would like to connect the (C) and (G) with the (2)(3)(4)(5)(B)(D)(N)(Q)(R) but an outdoor transfer is not going to entice people to make the transfer. If there was a way to build a transfer passageway from the (B)(Q) at Hanson Place to the underpass at Fulton Street on the (G) and then continuing to Lafayette Av on the (C), that would be great.

In the grand scheme of things it really is unfortunate that the (G) misses all these transfers (and I guess you could also say the same for the lack of a proper way to turn trains at Hoyt-Schermerhorn)

That'd be a 1000+ foot hike just to the (B)(Q) though--it'd be nice to have, sure, but I'm not certain the volume would be there.

I'd personally like to see the following on the (G):

- Some sort of transfer between sides at Bergen

- H-S to Hoyt (2)(3) passage

- Broadway to Hewes

- Some short extension in LIC to connect with (N)(W) and/or (F). 

40 minutes ago, RR503 said:

That'd be a 1000+ foot hike just to the (B)(Q) though--it'd be nice to have, sure, but I'm not certain the volume would be there.

I'd personally like to see the following on the (G):

- Some sort of transfer between sides at Bergen

- H-S to Hoyt (2)(3) passage

- Broadway to Hewes

- Some short extension in LIC to connect with (N)(W) and/or (F). 

What about a Jay/Metrotech- Borough Hall connection?

10 hours ago, RR503 said:

Broadway to Hewes

At this point, I would just replace Lorimer and Hewes Street with a station between Union Avenue and Lorimer Street to allow for a slight speeding of train service on the Jamaica Line and for a direct and convenient indoor transfer between Jamaica and Crosstown services. There would be two exits: one at each end. At one end of the station platforms (the northwest end) would be at Union Avenue for the (G) connection and the other end of the station platforms would have the exit at Lorimer Street for the transfer to the B48 bus. Both ends of the station would have elevators.