Transdev In New Jersey

DCTransitFilms

How is Transdev doing for buses in New Jersey? I'm just wondering because Transdev is currently in deep trouble in Northern Virginia by WMATA Cinder Bed garage due to a strike currently going on. Also Fairfax Connector might get in the mix and form a strike too. I'm just wondering how Transdev in NJ is going on. 

15 hours ago, davemackey said:

The only routes Transdev operates under contract to NJT are the Monmouth County local routes. The routes use a total of 20 state owned buses (6127-6146)

I’m wondering if Transdev Employees for those routes are experiencing something similar to what’s happening in Northern Virginia with Cinder Bed for WMATA as it’s contracted to Transdev too that’s why. 

3 hours ago, DCTransitFilms said:

I’m wondering if Transdev Employees for those routes are experiencing something similar to what’s happening in Northern Virginia with Cinder Bed for WMATA as it’s contracted to Transdev too that’s why. 

Likely not.

Transdev has been running their operations for years without much problems, especially since they basically have their own territory to work at. NJ Transit has been keeping an eye on them.

What's happening at WMATA is brand new and an entirely different situation overall.

51 minutes ago, Cait Sith said:

Likely not.

Transdev has been running their operations for years without much problems, especially since they basically have their own territory to work at. NJ Transit has been keeping an eye on them.

What's happening at WMATA is brand new and an entirely different situation overall.

Yeah I can tell Transdev in NJ are better than down here. WMATAs situation is that the workers are on strike over higher pay, restroom breaks, and working conditions. Since WMATA contracted Cinder Bed garage to Transdev, it just been nothing but a mess. The New Flyer DE40LFAs keep breaking down, employees can't use the bathroom, higher pay, etc. So basically 15/18 routes in Cinder Bed aren't running still with the 3 other routes operating on weekend service. Also Fairfax Connector might go on strike against Transdev too. Basically if that strike happens too, Virginia bus routes will be crippled badly. In my opinion, WMATA should take the rights back from Transdev and operate on its own and add newer buses as these DE40LFAs never experienced frequent breakdowns prior to Cinder Bed. Fairfax Connector should do the same tbh. 

Here some links of the ongoing problems:

https://wamu.org/story/19/11/06/bus-drivers-rally-amid-strike-to-end-privatization-of-metro-jobs/

https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2019/11/11/tran-n11.html

4 hours ago, DCTransitFilms said:

There's nothing really to suggest that anything of the sort is happening with those routes down there in NJ.... Anecdotal, sure, but on occasion I ride those routes in/out of Red Bank & the b/o's to me are helpful & are chill as f*** on top of it (like, how the PBL drivers out here in NYC used to be before the takeover)..... I consider myself to be a good judge of character & those drivers out there don't strike as that of being in a situation/workplace where there's poor employee morale.......

Edited by B35 via Church

• 4 weeks later...

An update on this: now Fairfax Connector is on strike against Transdev. Basically Northern Virginia bus routes are a total mess now. I wish Transdev can be fine like the NJ Transit Monmouth County routes Transdev operates. Northern Virginia is a mess now. 

https://wtop.com/fairfax-county/2019/12/fairfax-connector-workers-to-strike-starting-thursday/