Subway and Railroad station sign signatures

Harry

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, that is a good point. Just the ones made by site staff, not the user created ones. Could even have an opt-in feature. This way if people change their stuff, they can easily go back to it without having to save it to their own computer/to a disk etc.

I keep modifying my home-made image endlessly till i get exactly what i want. But, if someone else wanted the roosevelt island subway station (F) thingie, i wouldn't have an issue with it. It is afterall a very interesting place! ;)

- A

Maybe some standardized station sign signatures could be done, but which? Just terminals?

The best solution to this would probably be a site-based generator, but that is beyond my skill to code. I've seen other custom image generators out there, though.

Terminals, and major stations, and ones that stand out.

Times square, GCT, roosevelt island, Jamaica center, 125th st, yankee stadium, citi field, penn station, anywhere where LIRR, PATH, MNRR, or other services connect, even the PABT on the (A)(C)(E) etc. Times square shuttle also. ;)

It would reduce the number of sig requests and allow things to be done with quality vs in a rush. Also would allow the site based ones to be perfected and changed/updated when real life service changes, such as the WTC transportation hub connecting the cortlandt street stations with PATH.

Darnit, this has made me obsessed with perfecting my home made dealie. It's going to be epic. :eek:

- A

Maybe some standardized station sign signatures could be done, but which? Just terminals?

The best solution to this would probably be a site-based generator, but that is beyond my skill to code. I've seen other custom image generators out there, though.

That's something that I can do and thought about but I'm juggling way too many things at the moment. I don't have the time for it. A two minute Photoshop edit is all I time for way right now.

To Bay Parkway please...it would be as if it were a sign at the Metropolitan Ave station. Thanks!

stationsignsmyrtlelocalxn5.png

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/7647/stationsignsmyrtlelocalxn5.png

How's that? (Thanks to Zach for formatting)

EDIT: Edited per request. :D

I know I had one made for me already, but can I have the image code for it please? Just in case I want to switch back my signature to it.

If it's not posted in the body of an older post to this thread, did someone PM it to you? It might still be linked in an old PM.

If it's not posted in the body of an older post to this thread, did someone PM it to you? It might still be linked in an old PM.

Nobody PMed it to me. I just had it inserted straight into my sig by Harry (I think), but when I changed it I didn't save it... besides I deleted all of my PMs. And it's not in this thread.

Nobody PMed it to me. I just had it inserted straight into my sig by Harry (I think), but when I changed it I didn't save it... besides I deleted all of my PMs. And it's not in this thread.

I might have saved it on my laptop. Ill p/m the link later to see if its the correct one.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived