Transit ‘It’s a total nightmare’: Moms call on MTA to relax folded stroller policy on buses

BreeddekalbL

2 hours ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Only problem with these pilot programs is the fleet won't be consistent.  It's almost impossible with fleet needing to be moved around.  

Yep, though the routes being used for the pilot have consistent fleets. And with the new buses still coming in, the fleets will be more uniform by the time the city implements the program on the rest of the routes.

3 hours ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Only problem with these pilot programs is the fleet won't be consistent.  It's almost impossible with fleet needing to be moved around.  

It isn't, before. From what I remember, there are bike racks for the S53/93, meanwhile, they're used at every other Castleton route besides those two (even though they are used on the said routes). 

Edited by Calvin

On 10/28/2022 at 9:50 AM, Kingsbridgeviewer382 said:

I’ve seen it on the Eastchester hybrids. They removed the single seat next to the rear door so a stroller can be inserted instead. I’m not sure how its being done on the Q12, and the S53/93.

Basically on the left side on the single seat before the wheel well. 

On 10/28/2022 at 1:25 PM, Calvin said:

It isn't, before. From what I remember, there are bike racks for the S53/93, meanwhile, they're used at every other Castleton route besides those two (even though they are used on the said routes). 

I think you're replying to the wrong post, as I am unclear what you're referring to when you say "It isn't, before".

10 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

I think you're replying to the wrong post, as I am unclear what you're referring to when you say "It isn't, before".

The pilot program on buses are somewhat going to end up on other routes. Like the Q12 assigned buses running on the Q44 if there's a shortage on the 44 route. The artics on the Q12 have the middle seats removed where the 2nd door is located. 

There are bike racks on units assigned for the S53 and S93 Limited. Although, they are used on other Castleton Depot routes. 

Edited by Calvin

5 minutes ago, Calvin said:

The pilot program on buses are somewhat going to end up on other routes. Like the Q12 assigned buses running on the Q44 if there's a shortage on the 44 route. The artics on the Q12 have the middle seats removed where the 2nd door is located. 

There are bike racks on units assigned for the S53 and S93 Limited. Although, they are used on other Castleton Depot routes. 

Well yeah, that was basically my point....