NICE Bus Accident in Bellmore

User

This was confirmed to be 1897 which hit several parked cars on Merrick Road just before 5 p.m. on Thursday. Police said there were no serious injuries from the crash.

Some cars were totaled, at least one where the impact from the bus completely reversed the car's position on the curb. One of the light posts that lines Merrick Road was flattened on the street.

A spokesperson for NICE would not discuss the accident while they are still investigating. However, witnesses say the driver's brake failed, causing him to plow into parked cars.

A witness also saw sparks coming from the bottom of the bus and thought it would go up in flames.

0yzrYlG.jpg

On 2/25/2022 at 12:05 PM, Joyjliradio said:

Mta need come back asap

Half of the LIB fleet failed inspection in 2011. So bad that MTA had to bring in Orion 5's from the city to cover the shortfall in fleet, so they can fix up the buses for NICE when they takeover

And the MTA wanted 36 million more in operating assistance and that is only for 2011. If they were still operating today there would be no doubt in my mind it will probably be still 36 million but with half of the routes gone.

If you gave NICE the 36 million, you'll probably see an every Jamaica bus running every 15 minute on weekend and every Nassau routes running every 30 minutes weekday. Hell I think it there will be improvement in service if we consistently gave the 9 million we gave the MTA in 2011 to NICE each year

Edited by Mtatransit

On 3/3/2022 at 3:12 AM, Mtatransit said:

Half of the LIB fleet failed inspection in 2011. So bad that MTA had to bring in Orion 5's from the city to cover the shortfall in fleet, so they can fix up the buses for NICE when they takeover

And the MTA wanted 36 million more in operating assistance and that is only for 2011. If they were still operating today there would be no doubt in my mind it will probably be still 36 million but with half of the routes gone.

If you gave NICE the 36 million, you'll probably see an every Jamaica bus running every 15 minute on weekend and every Nassau routes running every 30 minutes weekday. Hell I think it there will be improvement in service if we consistently gave the 9 million we gave the MTA in 2011 to NICE each year

Yes, let's shit on the MTA and act as if Nassau can do no wrong. It's not like Nassau was trying to stiff the MTA (or its own taxpayers, who need the buses to keep people moving in anything resembling a reasonable fashion).

Quick question, but where did you get that $36 million figure from?

On 3/5/2022 at 5:05 AM, Lex said:

Yes, let's shit on the MTA and act as if Nassau can do no wrong. It's not like Nassau was trying to stiff the MTA (or its own taxpayers, who need the buses to keep people moving in anything resembling a reasonable fashion).

Quick question, but where did you get that $36 million figure from?

My mistake MTA requested 26 million more on top of Nassau’s then 9 million contribution per year. Landing at a total subsidy figure of 35 million annually and that is before STOA. And that was only for 2011

Nassau was being cheap and probably didn’t even want a bus service in the first place, but its not hard to see that NICE is so much more efficient than the MTA will ever be considering the fact that they had to make do with the minimal contributions from Nassau

My point still stands, I rather give NICE the 26 million dollars than have the MTA come back 

• 1 month later...
On 3/6/2022 at 3:50 PM, Mtatransit said:

My mistake MTA requested 26 million more on top of Nassau’s then 9 million contribution per year. Landing at a total subsidy figure of 35 million annually and that is before STOA. And that was only for 2011

Nassau was being cheap and probably didn’t even want a bus service in the first place, but its not hard to see that NICE is so much more efficient than the MTA will ever be considering the fact that they had to make do with the minimal contributions from Nassau

My point still stands, I rather give NICE the 26 million dollars than have the MTA come back 

With that money, NICE would be able to create entirely new bus lines, possibly to areas that don't currently see bus service. I proposed somewhere a new "n59" bus that would see service from Hempstead transit center to Coop city in the Bronx with a stops by Northshore towers and Flushing. and would run every 12 minutes off peak and 8 minutes during rush-hours. Weekend service would be every 20 minutes. That's the type of service that could happen if Nassau weren't a bunch of morons. But then again, the MTA would still be around to begin with....