R160 on the W to Bay Ridge 95th & Gravesend 86 Sts

Sea Beach

In december the (W) will be discontinued in Decmber (2008) because of the (MTA)'s buget cut backs.

Ohh,I thought it was gonna be discontinued this thursday. Thanks for the info.

Are there two (W) trains going in both 86 Street on the (N) and 95 Street via (R), that must be big. I bet you took the Bay Ridge bound (W) all the way then! Great catch, I wish the R160B's were on the (R) now.

(W) goes to Gravesend-86th in the am & pm rush,but they only send three trains in the am & pm which I think is around 7am and 6:30pm. The (W) to Bay Ridge was a one time extension to help reduce the congestion along the (R),it was heavily congested that day. and these vids were not taken by me.

Those videos of the (W) to Bay Ridge and Gravesend 86 St where done by me!

There was a delay in (R) service so they sent a (W) to Bay Ridge the day that I did the recordings. I got lucky as I was heading down the same way!

The (W) have like 3 AM trips (Around 6:20-7) from 86 st and the PM trips only go as far as Kings Highway now (8:18 PM from Astoria-Ditmars, next to the last and the last train does this). It used to go down to Gravesend 86 St however it got cut back to Kings Highway to not block up the N line as it waits for the yard line up.

Those videos of the (W) to Bay Ridge and Gravesend 86 St where done by me!

There was a delay in (R) service so they sent a (W) to Bay Ridge the day that I did the recordings. I got lucky as I was heading down the same way!

The (W) have like 3 AM trips (Around 6:20-7) from 86 st and the PM trips only go as far as Kings Highway now (8:18 PM from Astoria-Ditmars, next to the last and the last train does this). It used to go down to Gravesend 86 St however it got cut back to Kings Highway to not block up the N line as it waits for the yard line up.

Nice catch with those (W)infreys. Those are my fave transit vids!

Definitely. Your absolutely right. Until word has been spoken from the TA, the (W) sticks around...

Yep. Everybody should stop passing this "(W) & (Z) discontinuing in December" around.

Archived