Passageway connecting 1/2/3 and L/F/M at 14 St - 6 Av to be closed for ADA improvements

The MTA announces the passageway at 14 St - 6 Av connecting the (1)(2)(3) to the (L)(F)(M) will be closed starting February 27 up through the entirety of 2023 through December. Free out-of-system transfer between the 6th Av and 7th Avenue stations will be available during the next couple of months while work is underway.

More info: https://new.mta.info/press-release/mta-begin-accessibility-improvements-14-st-passageway-connecting-sixth-and-seventh

1 hour ago, QM1to6Ave said:

I hope they add in some wayfinding signs to make it easier to get around that strain without getting lost. I read that a psychology professor used that station to test people's internal map skills because its the most complicated station 

If so, that professor's never been to Fulton Street.

Too bad they aren’t considering reopening the passageway between 7th Ave/14th street & 8th Ave/ 14th street. At least from there one can transfer to 6th Ave trains at the next stop and the (L) would still maintain its connection with the (1)(2) and (3)
However I do know that there would be some construction that would need to be done at 14th Street/8th Ave because the passageway was severed. 

2 hours ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

Too bad they aren’t considering reopening the passageway between 7th Ave/14th street & 8th Ave/ 14th street. At least from there one can transfer to 6th Ave trains at the next stop and the (L) would still maintain its connection with the (1)(2) and (3)
However I do know that there would be some construction that would need to be done at 14th Street/8th Ave because the passageway was severed. 

I mean, it's not really shorter, and you already have the transfer, so why bother? There's not much point in transferring between 8th and 7th Av services either, plenty of places to do that throughout the system.

1 hour ago, bobtehpanda said:

I mean, it's not really shorter, and you already have the transfer, so why bother? There's not much point in transferring between 8th and 7th Av services either, plenty of places to do that throughout the system.

It would be a temporary measure just while they do the construction