Assistant Conductor Metro North

Brivera0529

18 hours ago, 2ride said:

I passed the test, but didn’t get the offer after the interview. The question is if I could reapply this year.

You failed the interview, there are no games or funny way they pick there candidates, or “game to play”. You failed, be a man about it think how you could improve your self, and possibly how you can become a better candidate to pass IF there is a next time. Or maybe this craft simply isn’t for you. 

You’ve asked this same question a million and one times, in hundreds of threads on this forum. Even in ones that have nothing to do with the title your applying for.

This isn’t even the first time your being called out for it, you previously had an interaction where you became defensive towards another applicant and tried to see if he was an mta employee so you could try to get him in trouble.

so I ask you, If the hr lady explained that to could re-apply 1 year after you failed out ,why would it change now? or how would a fellow applicant know better? 

lastly, please take some time to read thru this forum before asking a question, it’s especially annoying, and lazy if the same exact question has been asked and answered in great detail some times only 1 page before your new post.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, NycHopeful718 said:

You failed the interview, there are no games or funny way they pick there candidates, or “game to play”. You failed, be a man about it think how you could improve your self, and possibly how you can become a better candidate to pass IF there is a next time. Or maybe this craft simply isn’t for you. 

You’ve asked this same question a million and one times, in hundreds of threads on this forum. Even in ones that have nothing to do with the title your applying for.

This isn’t even the first time your being called out for it, you previously had an interaction where you became defensive towards another applicant and tried to see if he was an mta employee so you could try to get him in trouble.

so I ask you, If the hr lady explained that to could re-apply 1 year after you failed out ,why would it change now? or how would a fellow applicant know better? 

lastly, please take some time to read thru this forum before asking a question, it’s especially annoying, and lazy if the same exact question has been asked and answered in great detail some times only 1 page before your new post.

You don’t need to be an d!ck on the forums. I wouldn’t post anything that has nothing to do with the position I’m applying for. I’m not aware of how many times I’ve asked about the hiring, but a bunch of people on here have made the same requests. Is there a reason you’re nitpicking someone or you’re just nitpicking people on the forums because of how annoyed you are at the subjects? You and I NEVER had interactions, so I don’t exactly know where you’re coming from, from this. Please, this is the internet, don’t take things so serious because you don’t know who ‘s talking what behind a screen. Enjoy your stay on the block list.

Edited by 2ride

2 hours ago, NycHopeful718 said:

Also, if you personally have an issue with what I say on the forums, feel free to reach out to me in the PM instead of being a highlight guy who thinks he’s running the site all by himself. I’ll be more than welcomed to address your concerns. 

On 7/3/2023 at 7:11 PM, Brivera0529 said:

no problem . when i went thru the process i was looking for answers too. never really found any but i always try to help when i can. You passed the test which is a really good sign. You got this 

I wasn't officially given a yes or no yet, but I know someone high up and said I wasnt selected unfortunately

On 4/4/2023 at 12:12 PM, Brivera0529 said:

@BloomSmall No problem I wish there were more metro north conductors on the forum to help out. It was something like 70-90 definitions. You didn't need to know them verbatim but it definitely helped. It was mostly multiple choice but you also had some where you had to match a word with a definition. But flashcards helped with getting them down verbatim. They give you 3 hours but I was out around 2.Everything you need to know is in the packet they send I believe there was 8 signals I had to memorize. I honestly didn't get a score so I don't know how scoring works. They just emailed me to tell me that I passed. But that packet they send is everything no tricks. Get those down and the test is really easy. They give you about 3 weeks to study. I believe the training is about a year between classroom and on the job training. Glad to answer any questions and help. Hope you are in the class behind me 

I just applied for Metro North Assistant Conductor the other day and I had a few questions as well if you’re able to answer…

1 : Is the test hard and is there anything out there that I can study ahead of time way before I even get called? Because I would love if I could have a study guide beforehand 

2 : When you get hired as an assistant conductor….do you get to choose between passenger, yard or flag conductor? Or do they just throw you anywhere they want?

3? Is Assistant conductor school hard? What should I expect?

Thanks

4 hours ago, TunnelVision22 said:

I just applied for Metro North Assistant Conductor the other day and I had a few questions as well if you’re able to answer…

1 : Is the test hard and is there anything out there that I can study ahead of time way before I even get called? Because I would love if I could have a study guide beforehand 

2 : When you get hired as an assistant conductor….do you get to choose between passenger, yard or flag conductor? Or do they just throw you anywhere they want?

3? Is Assistant conductor school hard? What should I expect?

Thanks

1.test is not hard. they send you the material you need for the test so really study that and you will pass. A bit of math. they give you tickets and you gotta calculate simple stuff. 

2. when you get hired you will only work work passenger trains. To be honest you really wont see yard or flag jobs for a long time. The top dogs hold those jobs. Those are the best jobs and everything is based off seniority.

3. I hate the classroom setting lol . If you haven't been in school for awhile it can be difficult. If you're a person that likes to study and can study and grasp material you'll be okay. But in my honest opinion I wouldn't say its easy at all. With that being said you must give it your all because if you finish up all the schooling you will be set for life. Nothing good comes easy my friend 

4 hours ago, Tdevon2923 said:

I got a email from the MTA today to confirm my date to come down to 2 Broadway to start the process and take the first exam. I am currently a subway conductor. 

Whoa, This doesn’t sound correct at all. Unless the recruiting team is officially all moved over.

To confirm you were called by Metro North Rail Road to take the MNR Assistant conductor exam at 2 Broadway?! 

not at 525 Broadway north white plains or 460 Lexington Ave very interesting. 

well, good luck. Read this forum, brush up on adding and subtracting with decimals, study your signals and definitions and you should be just fine. At this time they are hiring assistant conductor classes every two months. The next one is slated for August. They treat you much better at MNR vs Transit and the pay and benefits are definitely better as well.

Edited by NycHopeful718

44 minutes ago, NycHopeful718 said:

Whoa, This doesn’t sound correct at all. Unless the recruiting team is officially all moved over.

To confirm you were called by Metro North Rail Road to take the MNR Assistant conductor exam at 2 Broadway?! 

well, good luck. Read this forum, brush up on adding and subtracting with decimals, study your signals and definitions and you should be just fine. At this time they are hiring assistant conductor classes every two months. The next one is slated for August. They treat you much better at MNR vs Transit and the pay and benefits are definitely better as well.

They’re holding the locomotive engineer examination at 2 Broadway as well.

7 hours ago, NycHopeful718 said:

Good to know thanks. I am ready to make this jump over to MNRR for a while now. The email said to email back to confirm to take the MNRR Assistant Conductor Exam. 

7 hours ago, danielhg121 said:

They’re holding the locomotive engineer examination at 2 Broadway as well.

I got an email for that as well I have to come down to 2 Broadway on September 13. 

Edited by Tdevon2923

On 7/20/2023 at 3:06 AM, NycHopeful718 said:

just curious. Are you currently an A/C at MNR? 

If you are, would you mind sharing the next steps once you pass the initial test? How was the interview by the way?

• 2 weeks later...

Good evening,  new to this site (never knew it existed until now.).  I passed the written test back in June and interviewed about 3 weeks ago.  I haven’t heard anything yet.  Has anyone else recently interviewed and still waiting for a response?  Im getting anxious!

18 hours ago, Mjay1992 said:

Good evening,  new to this site (never knew it existed until now.).  I passed the written test back in June and interviewed about 3 weeks ago.  I haven’t heard anything yet.  Has anyone else recently interviewed and still waiting for a response?  Im getting anxious!

Was the exam multiple choice or written?

21 hours ago, Mjay1992 said:

hr is really slow up there, dont give up hope unless you bombed then idk lol

• 3 weeks later...