When does the PA-5 make its first run in revenue service?

R68 Subway Car

They should be entering revenue service very soon. From what I was told about a month ago, it should be sometime this month.

And I can almost guarantee you that they will enter service first on the Red line (Newark-World Trade Center). If a second set goes out at the same time, that 2nd one will be on the Yellow line (Journal Square-33rd Street).

What I don't know and wasn't told if they'll run the revenue testing period into weekends, but if that becomes the case, one would be on the Red line, and other would be on the Yellow/Blue line (Journal Square-33rd Street via Hoboken).

But yeah, expect them very very soon.

Then how about the Green Line? Any news, ;)?

It could show up during the revenue service testing on the Green line (Hoboken-World Trade Center) and even for the Blue line (Hoboken-33rd Street) just so Hoboken peoples can take a look and ride the new PA-5s.

• 1 month later...

I'm pretty sure they mean it this time. They want to get several trains in service at once not just start with one and expand like the (MTA). I've seen them quite often on the red line and i'm sure this delay is simply waiting for more to be delivered, not something wrong.

- A

I'm pretty sure they are going to fully replace the red line trains with PA5 when they do go into service. Harrison yard is right there on the red line, so you can easily pop them into service in either direction. This means that they are waiting for more deliveries before you'll see them in service, plus additional crew training in that wait period. :cool:

- A

Archived