Switch Problems Around the System/Weather Related Stuff

R62A 1991

MTA New York City Transit

Service Alert

Posted on:12/19/2008 3:09:19&nbspPM

Following an earlier incident, (R) train service has resumed with residual delays (train broken down at 77th St).

In addition, due to switch problems at the New Lots Avenue Station, please expect delays in (3) train service in both directions. (This is not enough info, THERE IS NOTHING going from New Lots to Utica, I haven't heard a train go by in 20 minutes, plus my mom had to take the B14 from Utica).

Also, due to switch problems at the Prospect Park Station:

Bedford Park Boulevard-bound (:D trains are running on the (D) line from the Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue Station to the 36th Street Station

57th Street-bound (Q) trains are running on the (N) line from the Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue Station to the 36th Street Station.

In addition, due to signal problems at the 168th Street Station, please expect delays in South Ferry-bound (1) train service.

Also, due to a rail condition at the 14th Street-Union Square Station, please expect delays in (L) train service at this time.

Weather Advisory

Posted on:12/19/2008 3:14:41&nbspPM

Due to inclement weather conditions, there is no (4) train service in both directions between the Atlantic Avenue Station and the Crown Heights-Utica Avenue Station.

As an alternative, customers are advised to take the (3) train making (4) train stops.

Please expect delays in service on the (3) and (4) trains at this time.

And, according to Subchat, plan 4 is in effect for the weekend, so say goodbye to all express service for the weekend (I assume).

And, according to Subchat, plan 4 is in effect for the weekend, so say goodbye to all express service for the weekend (I assume).

According to the (MTA) website, the only service change taking place outside of the (:D(Q) Ave. U closure is the (F) express Smith-9 Sts.-Church Av.

I doubt that express service will be canceled.

Update Time!

Service Alert

Posted on:12/19/2008 5:47:57&nbspPM

Following an earlier incident, (R) and (W) train service has resumed with residual delays. (man, the (R) is unlucky today...)

Also, due to signal problems at the 90th Street-Elmhurst Station, please expect delays in Flushing-bound 7 train service. ((7) or <7> trains?)

In addition, due to signal problems at the Forest Avenue Station, please expect delays in (M) train service in both directions. (been going on for over an hour)

Also, due to ongoing signal problems at the 168th Street Station, please expect delays in South Ferry-bound (1) train service. (this too)

Also, due to an ongoing rail condition at the 14th Street-Union Square Station, please expect delays in (L) train service in both directions. (yep, this too)

In addition, due to inclement weather conditions, there is no (4) train service in both directions between the Atlantic Avenue Station and the Crown Heights-Utica Avenue Station. (this has been going on since the afternoon. What about <5> train service?)

Please expect delays in service on 4 trains at this time.

The Passengers at Franklin Avenue, thought a (4) was serving the station, it didn't. No announcement was made on the PA. What a disaster, that platform was crowded for a train that never came. Of course, (4) riders going to Crown Heights- Utica Avenue coming from the Lexington Avenue Line (4)(5)(6)<6> had to transfer at Nevis Street for a (3) because it's difficult to transfer at Atlantic-Pacific due to the station layout, the locals and expresses do not share the same platform. What a day. :D

I had a interesting time getting down to Bay Ridge last night. The D I was on went local on 4th Ave and served DeKalb Ave as well as the N. DeKalb was very active. My D came in and there was a M across the platform and the D I was on left 1st (I got off @ DeKalb since I had a feeling everybody for the R was going to still switch @ 36 anyway).

The N was not too far behind the D and then the M left like about 35 seconds after the N pulled in and open the doors. The R was not far behind it and then the N left not too long after the R came in (but with enough time for people to switch trains). The R I went on waited about 2 mins for a B to come and left just about the same time as the B.

This was like around 7 PM when there was something going on with all the bridge trains running through Lower Manhattan in the Uptown direction.

Coming back from Bay Ridge was not bad but I made a mistake of switching to the Q @ DeKalb since I forgot that after 12 AM it's not really worth switching to the Q from the N as I waited about 8 mins for the Q. On top of that, for some reason the T/O forgot to enable the doors as I heard the C/R saying over the PA "Enable" (This was @ 34 St) and not too long after that the train left 34 St and alot of people was pist off (and I was not happy b/c I wanted to take the F). So I changed my plans and went down to Penn Station on the 1 Train for the LIRR to Jamaica and Q44 home after checking out how the 3 Train turns @ Times Square during the late night hours.

Service Alert

Posted on:12/19/2008 3:09:19&nbspPM

Following an earlier incident, (R) train service has resumed with residual delays (train broken down at 77th St).

In addition, due to switch problems at the New Lots Avenue Station, please expect delays in (3) train service in both directions. (This is not enough info, THERE IS NOTHING going from New Lots to Utica, I haven't heard a train go by in 20 minutes, plus my mom had to take the B14 from Utica).

Also, due to switch problems at the Prospect Park Station:

Bedford Park Boulevard-bound (;) trains are running on the (D) line from the Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue Station to the 36th Street Station

57th Street-bound (Q) trains are running on the (N) line from the Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue Station to the 36th Street Station.

In addition, due to signal problems at the 168th Street Station, please expect delays in South Ferry-bound (1) train service.

Also, due to a rail condition at the 14th Street-Union Square Station, please expect delays in (L) train service at this time.

Weather Advisory

Posted on:12/19/2008 3:14:41&nbspPM

Due to inclement weather conditions, there is no (4) train service in both directions between the Atlantic Avenue Station and the Crown Heights-Utica Avenue Station.

As an alternative, customers are advised to take the (3) train making (4) train stops.

Please expect delays in service on the (3) and (4) trains at this time.

My 4 train got so jacked up yesterday, I'm not even kidding.

Archived