Save the (G)!

MattTrain

Not hard at all (R) service runs reduced headway because of what happening on the Bway Line. The (F) isn't a factor since sometimes they pull one local at random to make up for gaps in (R) service. They don't like doing it to(E) trains. The only times I see it hard sending (G) past Court Sq is when you got (E)(F)(R) trains sharing a track some where which is not the case this time around.

Not hard at all (R) service runs reduced headway because of what happening on the Bway Line. The (F) isn't a factor since sometimes they pull one local at random to make up for gaps in (R) service. They don't like doing it to(E) trains. The only times I see it hard sending (G) past Court Sq is when you got (E)(F)(R) trains sharing a track some where which is not the case this time around.

The way I see it is, just another lame excuse to not send the G past Court Sq.

The way I see it is, just another lame excuse to not send the G past Court Sq.

Yep, I'd agree with this also, I think the main concern is about transporting passengers from Queens Boulevard, (E)(F) and (R) to Manhattan, and not crosstown riders.

They want to cut the (G) and even with them cutting it back the MTA is not saving Money since the Work Programs have T/O's and C/R's picking the Jobs starting at 71 St and wkend OPTO T/O's starting at 71 St. So when service is cut to Court Sq the crews get paid traval time Court Sq to 71 St as a early Report and on Wkend about half the T/O's get reassigned from there picked (G) job to work another job or line. Those guys get paid Extra Board time and traval time to a new Work Location so they spend more money turning trains at Court Sq until it becomes and offical cut.

Thats one of the reason I have not picked a (G) job as good as it may look. You make Money but I just wanted to work my job with my picked hours and go home I don't want the overtime.

Yep, I'd agree with this also, I think the main concern is about transporting passengers from Queens Boulevard, (E)(F) and (R) to Manhattan, and not crosstown riders.

Yeah but, the R running as the only local during the off hours is not enough, and they don't run the V on weekends or late nights, so it can't compensate.

Yeah but, the R running as the only local during the off hours is not enough, and they don't run the V on weekends or late nights, so it can't compensate.

In this case that would necessitate the (G) goign to Forest Hills, well I think the (G) may go to Forest Hills this weekend because the "service change" cutback to Court Square has been canceled.

The (G) trains terminate at Court SQ when the cold weather plan is in effect like this weekend which cancels most contruction projects. Most likely (F) trains will run local all wkend in QNS.

Oh wow, the (F) is local instead of the (G) extension to Forest Hills. Well maybe the (E) can go local too, and go off the express track at Queens Boulevard. Bad weather, causes substantial changes. Anyways thanks for the info.

Archived