Save the (G)!

MattTrain

Save the (G)!

Since, 2001, with very few exceptions the (G) trains that show up are only made up of four R46 Subway cars= 300 Feet, on a 600+ foot platform. Since the (V) was placed in 2001, most people have to walk a long corridor to get to the (E)(V) service. One stop shy of Queens Plaza, where (G) riders could have access directly to (R) to Manhattan!

Here's more info:

http://savetheg.org/

The (G) by the current service pattern terminates at Court Square in Queens during weekdays, other times extended to Forest Hills. Despite maps and timetables stating that (G) goes to Forest Hills in Queens, the (G) still terminates at Court Square "until further notice." I have not seen a (G)'s sign read (G) to Forest Hills.

If the (G) is to terminate at Court Square at all times, and never go to Forest Hills, it will cause a major problem for Crosstown riders.

Maybe the (G) can somehow fit with the (R) and (V) as Queens Boulevard Local. According to the official subway map, the (G)(R)(V) are supposed to run to Forest Hills as local services at the same time, how neat, but this should be during the rush hours and middays too.

I know there are some drawbacks to extending the (G) such as track capacity, but I'd rather have more frequent service on Queens Boulevard these days.

And one more thing, make the (G) eight R46 cars, not just four, it's not a shuttle train.

Save the (G)!

Since, 2001, with very few exceptions the (G) trains that show up are only made up of four R46 Subway cars= 300 Feet, on a 600+ foot platform. Since the (V) was placed in 2001, most people have to walk a long corridor to get to the (E)(V) service. One stop shy of Queens Plaza, where (G) riders could have access directly to (R) to Manhattan!

Here's more info:

http://savetheg.org/

The (G) by the current service pattern terminates at Court Square in Queens during weekdays, other times extended to Forest Hills. Despite maps and timetables stating that (G) goes to Forest Hills in Queens, the (G) still terminates at Court Square "until further notice." I have not seen a (G)'s sign read (G) to Forest Hills.

If the (G) is to terminate at Court Square at all times, and never go to Forest Hills, it will cause a major problem for Crosstown riders.

Maybe the (G) can somehow fit with the (R) and (V) as Queens Boulevard Local. According to the official subway map, the (G)(R)(V) are supposed to run to Forest Hills as local services at the same time, how neat, but this should be during the rush hours and middays too.

I know there are some drawbacks to extending the (G) such as track capacity, but I'd rather have more frequent service on Queens Boulevard these days.

And one more thing, make the (G) eight R46 cars, not just four, it's not a shuttle train.

I with ya brother......:cool:

I am all for saving the (G).

As a daily rider, the (G) definitely needs it during rush hour. Trains leave every 8 minutes from Court Square, its not bad, but decreasing that number to say 6 minutes would make a big difference.

I with ya brother......:cool:

Frequency isn't terrible on the (G). It's figuring out where to wait for the (G), you'd have to wait in the middle. In major transfer points, there are signs that read (G) trains stop at Center of platform.

The (V) does take the load off some riders on the (F), but the (E) load has gradually worsened since then, since it's the only express line at 53rd Street.

The (G) riders have moving walkways to the (E)(V) but sometimes they don't work properly, and no direct transfer to (R) at Queens Plaza.

Well the frequency is mostly on my part, lol If your lucky enough to ride a (G) train that is running late on its schedule it will make a rare skip-stop "express" run.

The (V) does take the load off some riders on the (F) , but the (E) load has gradually worsened since then, since it's the only express line at 53rd Street.

I have definitely seen that, I ride the (E) to 23rd Ely, its a treacherous ride there.

The (G) riders have moving walkways to (E)(V) the but sometimes they don't work properly, and no direct transfer to (R) at Queens Plaza.

The walkways ironically have been fixed, thank goodness for that. Apparently they were fixing it all summer... Sometimes I see a huge swap of riders, between the (E) and the (G) in the evening rush.

I agree.

(R) is like slowpoke.jpg because this Pokemon doesn't feel attack soon.

(R) is just like that because it's local through major tourists area like Astoria, Bloomingdale, Midtown, Theater District, Port Authority Bus Terminal, Madison Sq Garden-Penn Station, Flatiron District, FIT, NYU, Financial District, South Ferry, Downtown Brooklyn and well as Staten Island Mall connection in Bay Ridge by S79, etc or College Willowbrook SI via S93.

why the hell are you bringing this up now? the fact is the V has been getting used more and more often in the past year. in fact, the 2008 state of the subways report card showed you actually have a better chance of getting a seat on 10 to 11 other subways lines than the V. when i ride the G, it is pretty empty and it can get scary, though i have been avoiding that line a lot ever since i got attacked by three young women two years ago.

Goodness! Just save the (G) already! Also save the (W) too! The (G) and (W) is for everyone to enjoy the local ride along Broadway and Queens Blvd. Line! The (R) is slow like what FamousNYLover said!

i know the R is a slowpoke. it is the longest local in the system, but it is the only way for Queens Blvd riders to get access to Broadway, Lower Manhattan, and Downtown Brooklyn. We need to save the (W) because statistics show it is one of the most heavily used lines is the system. What i am trying to say is that (G) riders need to know the facts before having the nerve to tell (MTA) that the (V) is useless.

Yes, especially since I sometimes take the (W) insted of the (R) and transfer the the (7) and then go on the (G) instead of the (R) to Woodhaven in order to get to the Queens Center Mall, I cannot just wait for like 15-30 minutes just for a (R) train to pull in...

Jesus Christ...that is some kind of ride... which stop you board on the (W)?

Uptown: City Hall, 14th Street, 34th Street or 42nd Street to board the (W) nowdays...

Downtown: Queensboro Plaza to board the (W) nowdays,

I just cannot wait for the (R), even if my dad refuses to board the (W), I would tell him to since I don't know when it the world the (R) is going to come, :)...

Then just transfer at 34th for the (F) or to the (E) at 42nd. There are things called contingency.

I know, sometimes I just feel like riding the fast part of the (N), (R) and (W) train, the 60th Stret tunnel, :)!

Then that is your problem. You can't complain about the service when you are commuting like that. Do that some other time when you are not in a rush. The whole point of the subway is to get a person from A to B on the fastest route possible in the shortest amount of time possible.

Bottom line: the (G) needs to be on Queens Blvd when the (V) is not there. Bottom line. When the (V) is there, the (G) can stay at Court Square. Two weekends ago, instead of running the (G) to Queens Blvd, they ran the (F) local instead. They should've ran the (F) express and sent the (G) up there instead.

Bottom line: the (G) needs to be on Queens Blvd when the (V) is not there. Bottom line. When the (V) is there, the (G) can stay at Court Square. Two weekends ago, instead of running the (G) to Queens Blvd, they ran the (F) local instead. They should've ran the (F) express and sent the (G) up there instead.

Exactly...

And what is with their so-called "construction" between Court Sq and Queens Plaza? I really believe that is just an excuse to terminate the G at Court Sq during weekends.

Exactly...

And what is with their so-called "construction" between Court Sq and Queens Plaza? I really believe that is just an excuse to terminate the G at Court Sq during weekends.

I'm sure a lot of (G) riders think the same way you do. I hope the (G) cutback isn't going to happen.

Archived