Kids on my beeline articulated bus #560

Articulated450

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (PSP (PlayStation Portable); 2.00))

well guys this was funny i was operating my bus on the 60 white plains northbound and Fordam southbound and when my little break came aroud 12:34pm i rode my bus over to the new rochelle train station were the bus terminal is and parked then iwent to grab a bite to eat. then when i come back theres three kids they had to be all 14-15 years old and their in my bus one in my drivers seat two standing. they said they really like beelines buses.so i just said next time ask to come on the bus when im there

HAHA, I did that once when I was about 13 or 14. I saw a 400 series Orion V juss chillin on Riverdale Ave.(not too far from Dock St.)on a layover of somethin, the driver was nowhere to be found so I opened the door amd copped a squat in the drivers seat and started taking some pics of me "driving the bus". After I took the third pic I saw the bus driver approching and I thought oh no! Im as good as dog s***! He came on board and said "I see that you like my bus" and I said yea I do. I told him that I wanted to be a bus driver for the Bee-Line system and he said that some day I will if I put my heart and mind to it. I thought that I was gunna get in trouble for "breaking and entering" into gov't property, but instead I gained a new friend.

no you could only get in trouble if you try to operate the bus if their just on board doing nothing wrong and want to check the bus out its fine. i asked my supervisor and thats what he told me.

I thought you worked for MTA. Maybe Harry could have got a Bee-Line avatar for you, if you wanted one.

As for your story, at their age they should have known better. If a driver tells them they can chill, then it's different. Farebox = money, so it could be trespassing, and/or breaking and entering. At least you were cool about it. I would act like I ain't just to mess with their emotions, them tell them I'm joking.......

well i did work for mta at one point then i decided to move to westchester and i knew a friend that was a bus operator aready for beeline so i got a b/o job with them. so for now im a beeline operator.im still thinking of returning to the MTA at some point.

well i did work for mta at one point then i decided to move to westchester and i knew a friend that was a bus operator aready for beeline so i got a b/o job with them. so for now im a beeline operator.im still thinking of returning to the MTA at some point.

It's the way into there. I had to use someones name to get into there. If it wasn't for points on my license back then, I would have been with Liberty Lines Express (now MTA Bus). I tried on my own for years, no luck. A name, I was called. I was called a second time using the same persons name, but on that same day, I got a letter from MaBSTOA, and since I was on the T/O list, I decided to go with MTA. Did OA for 2 years 4 months, then promoted to Train Operator........

When did you start workin' there? I now work for MTABus and was bumped from LLT in the general pick of Dec. 2004. I might know you. If not we got to meet, You'll know me when you see me. I wear the old hat, My pic is on MySpace.(NYCT)

When did you start workin' there? I now work for MTABus and was bumped from LLT in the general pick of Dec. 2004. I might know you. If not we got to meet, You'll know me when you see me. I wear the old hat, My pic is on MySpace.(NYCT)

i started work at LL about three years ago

oh yea i know what you mean its hanging in there #560 gave so much trouble im doing route 45 and all of a sudden my rear door starts opening and closing by itself i restarted the bus and it was still doing i was about to give it the old kick but i just called a supervisor.

Funny story. That happened to me a couple of times, but unfortunately with fans that are in their 30's that used to sneak onto buses that I was relieving, on the street, to play with the brake pedal before I even got to the bus :eek:. Since I was friendly with them, I just told them to not do it without me being there first.

I like Bee-Lines buses since that was my hometown system when I lived in Yonkers, I still remember riding the Fishbowls up South Broadway to Getty Square in the late 80's when they were at the end of their careers. I had relatives that drive there and I believe my dad's cousin still does.

His name is Jacinto Villavicencio and I think he drives out of 475. I've never really met him, but I met his brother Victor Villavicencio when he was still driving for B-L back in '98, my dad, brother and I rode a round trip on the 4 with him during the PM rush one day. He had Flx #833 and it was the usual ridership for the 4...sitting load going down to Woodlawn, jammed to the gills like a train in India on the way back to Getty Square LOL. Victor had to retire due to some incident he had on the 25, but last I heard Jacinto was still driving.

Archived