Forklift Removes 900-Pound Man From 2nd Story of Home.

DHayward

Forklift Removes 900-Pound Man From Home

By Associated Press

Wed Sep 19, 5:43 AM

UPDATED 7 HOURS 47 MINUTES AGO

LANSING, Mich. - Firefighters cut a hole in the side of a house and used a forklift to extricate a 900-pound man from his second-floor bedroom after a visiting nurse became worried about his health.

Rescue workers were called in Tuesday by the nurse, who determined the 33-year-old man needed medical help, Fire Chief Tom Cochran said.

Cochran said the man had not left his home since 2003.

The man's brother, who lives with him, said he suffers from Prader-Willi Syndrome, a rare genetic disorder that creates a chronic hunger feeling that can lead to overeating and life-threatening obesity.

Rescue workers brought in a forklift, high enough to raise a platform to a hole cut into the wall of the house. They covered the man with a blue tarp to shield him from onlookers and slid the platform onto a flatbed truck for a trip to Sparrow Hospital.

All I can say is... daaaamn! :eek:

I can't lie. I am laughing as I am typing this. They did a Walter Hudson (cut a hole in the house). They put a blue tarp over him, like they do when transporting whales, or like they do when a vehicle is involved in an accident that killed the vehicle driver. They could of said, "COME ONE, COME ALL, and see the worlds fattest man". Actually there was a documentary on the The Learning Channel about the worlds heaviest man 1200lbs, in Mexico. Back to forklift story, the mans brother says he suffers from a disorder that makes him always feel hungry, so he constantly eats. How about constantly exercising after constantly eating, or constantly eating a salad, without all the high fat dressing and bacon bits, or constantly eating fruits. Now they will torture him in the hospital, as they bring him a leaf of lettuce, and a tasteless unseasoned grilled chicken breast. He will think he is in Haydes.

I am so cruel at times.

Well, its not his fault he came up with that GENETIC disorder.......

Key word, "genetic," which is why I put emphasis on that word.

But it is sad, but its not his fault.

Oh, I see....my bad. (Didn't read the entire article, my fault.)

*slaps self across face*

Yeah, I'm way mistaken. If that's the case, then he isn't to blame at all, and my sympathies are with him all the more.

Damn, I feel so ignorant right now......

Archived