E to 179 Street

Forest Glen

This evening I got on a Queens bound E train at Lexington Avenue. The signage said Jamaica Center. However, once it arrived at 71st/Continental the PA announced that it would be heading to 179 street. 75% of the people got off the train. I have no problem with the E going to 179 street but why can't they announce this in Manhattan? It seems like an E to 179 street is a spur of the moment decision.

That's strange. (E) trains go to 179 Street, during Rush hours. If that's the case, the signs should be correct or the conductor will make the announcement. It is rather strange that the (E) train to 179 Street isn't announced in Manhattan when the uptown sign is wrong, but I believe that the sign should be corrected next time.

This evening I got on a Queens bound E train at Lexington Avenue. The signage said Jamaica Center. However, once it arrived at 71st/Continental the PA announced that it would be heading to 179 street. 75% of the people got off the train. I have no problem with the E going to 179 street but why can't they announce this in Manhattan? It seems like an E to 179 street is a spur of the moment decision.

That happened to me on one of R40/R42 (E).

Which car you were on?

When R32/R38/R40/R42 (E) announcement said going on (F), I imitate R160 announcement and said, *This is Jamaica 179th St-bound (E) express train via (F) line. Next stop is 75th Av.*

some conductors are like that. happens often during G.O.'s

What time?

Archived