Hoboken 9/22/2007

Eric Kreszl

Hello Everyone,

I was up in Hoboken Yesterday and took some photos. I didn't stay very long due to the weather and other reasons but it was pretty interesting.

Here are the photos

P1030562.JPG

P1030554.JPG

P1030612.JPG

P1030619.JPG

Enjoy,

Eric

P.S. ALP-46 #4613 had its head lights on and ditchlights flashing the whole time I was there.

Where was 4613 going? also, I see the locomotive was on the east side.

4613 was there because it was probably just a Morris & Essex line train, to Dover maybe. But with the point that you brought up with the loco facing towards east is interesting. If it isn't a M&E line train, it had to be on NEC or NJCL.

Great pics Eric! I saw 4613 doing the same thing when I got there. You must've got there after it started to rain. I was sitting at the HBLR station waiting for a Tonnelle train then got soaked more up in Jersey City Heights waiting for the 87 cause I selfishly wanted a Flxible Metro-D ride on the 87 down into Hoboken. :rolleyes:

Thanks for posting more pics Eric. Has anyone ever seen any diesels on the east side? How was the exhaust facing east?

From my recent visit there not too long ago I can tell you those diesels put out a lot of exhaust. Most of the station is mostly covered with a few openings. The GP40s, F40s & PL42s all put out a lot of noise and exhaust.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies. I got to Hoboken long before it started raining. The Gladstone branch does not have catenary wires on on weekends. According to NJ Transit The catenary poles which date back the DL&W are being restructured and as a result diesels had to be used. That was why 4150 was assigned to the Gladstone Branch.

Eric

• 4 months later...

Nice photos Eric! I noticed that the locomotive in that photo had a cab right behind it, was there a cab on the other (west) end? If not, then there was probably a problem with the locomotive that was on the west end.

Nice photos Eric! I noticed that the locomotive in that photo had a cab right behind it, was there a cab on the other end? If not, then there was probably a problem with the locomotive that was on the east end.

Metro-North GP40FH-2 #4905 was at the other end of the train.

Here is that photo.

http://erickreszl.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=1001142

Eric

Archived