Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
grenavitar

A few train interests

I'm currently living in Bordeaux where I get to take the pretty nice Tramway de Bordeaux which has helped me appreciate what I have here and realize how much Septa (or DART First State) service in Delaware could be improved and the TGV here has given me a vision of what a better Amtrak could look like.

When I move back to the U.S. there is a decent chance I will be getting a job in NYC and following all of the MTA's problems lately I'm just here to learn more about the agency and transit in NYC.

Nice to meet you all :)

Just finished reading the Wiki. It sounds like a marvelous system and the cars look great. 3 lines built in just over 10 years above ground. Amazing. Thanks for the info and welcome to the Forum, Gran

Welcome! Or should I say Bonjour?

o.O

Tu peux dire bonjour mais, I am American... and, my English is far better than my French :)

Just finished reading the Wiki. It sounds like a marvelous system and the cars look great. 3 lines built in just over 10 years above ground. Amazing. Thanks for the info and welcome to the Forum, Gran

It could be faster, it could have more even service (often you have trains 3 minutes apart and then a 10 minute wait), and it could have more service for the incredibly crowded route to the university zone during school hours but generally it's really good. It's clean, cheap--an under 28 years old, a year pass is 176,40 € which is around 3 months of an MTA pass. Obviously subway service just isn't comparable but our bus system isn't bad. I even got to see a lot of the latest extension just north of my place, it really is something every mid sized American city could use.

Welcome aboard. Take some TGV pics while you're in France!

I'm not fully sure how you guys manage to take the pictures you do... I suppose I won't know unless I try to go down to the station and see what I can get.