Advertisements in Train and Station Announcements

Maserati7200

I remember only just a couple mouths ago ,on the (L)'s line R143 cars side digital signs.

I remember seeing a quick Olay announcement with the logo and everything. The ad was just a side and just a few seconds long. The Olay ad was the only different sign in the digital signs since the signs was intro introduced with the R143's. The (MTA) should update those signs and put in ads. I do not know why the (MTA)/(NYCT) does not use the LCD's for new Ad's.

Oh nice...

Yeah I know, they should seriously put in some ads on those LCDs already.

i don't really think anyone, besides foamers looks on the FIND displays, so it wouldn't be useful to advertise there. That company that advertises there is gonna lose quite a amount of money

Well not actually, I don't think ONLY FOAMERS would pay attention to the FIND. IMO, passengers nowadays do pay attention and would try to take advantage of the new technologies. Maybe not to their fullest extent, but at least they are not ignorant about it.

Yeah, I do believe this could happen, and should happen so they don't increase fares and reduce service every year or two.

"Because of construction, blahblahblah, this message was brought to you by (insert brand here), (insert brand's slogan)." Obviously the brand would have to pay, maybe per station per month, or something.

As for the LCD display, I don't know what's keeping them from doing it already. They should start selling ad space for the LCD display right now.

As long as it does not get out of hand like the sports naming deals for stadiums and arenas across the US, Canada and Europe I am for it.

Here a possible future preview.

"This is 34-Penn Station and Madison Sq Garden. Change here for the LiRR NJ Transit and Amtrak. This station stop announcement is sponorosed by Burger King Dollar Value Menu. This is a Brooklyn Bound (A) express presented by Duanne Reade NY's largest hometown phamracy and convience store chain. The next stop is 14th St/8th Ave. Watch the closing doors. Ding Dong".:cool:

As long as it does not get out of hand like the sports naming deals for stadiums and arenas across the US, Canada and Europe I am for it.

"This is 34-Penn Station and Madison Sq Garden. Change here for the LiRR NJ Transit and Amtrak. This station stop announcement is sponorosed by Burger King Dollar Value Menu. This is a Brooklyn Bound (A) express presented by Duanne Reade NY's largest hometown phamracy and convience store chain. The next stop is 14th St/8th Ave. Watch the closing doors. Ding Dong".:cool:

Please note that the door bell is sponsored by "Subway, EAT FRESH".

lol, imagine the delays caused by train announcements like that. :)

...Ads in just station announcements would do.

That would be HELL! It would totally destroy the entire experience of riding the subway for pleasure. I don't even watch commerical TV (except for some Football and MLB games)because I loathe and detest commercials. Big Corporations have already brought this country to it's knees through their greed and are in the process of destroying the planet ecologically.

I hope this never happens

:cry::mad::tdown:

Please note that the door bell is sponsored by "Subway, EAT FRESH".

If that actually happened I would die laughing.

Archived