About the Blue Seats on R46's...

Maserati7200

Thanks, Eric. Clearly provides proof that the seats are painted.

Like I said, if painted all beige, not worrying about the accent yellow and orange colors, at least if and when this happens and the yellow or orange shows underneath, it would be consistent with the train's appearance. As the trains are 30+ years old, these sorts of scratches, nicks, and other signs of age on trains are to be expected.

These blue seats make the R46 more modern.

Not really. The seat color of the original R32's interior was blue (or aqua if you will, along with the doors and some of the tiles on the floor). And I remember the buses with painted blue seats in the 1970s when the paint scheme went from green to blue. In some ways, the blue color seats on the R142 and later is retro.

Modern, yes, but it clashes with the 70's-style interior.

Yep you do have a point there, the blue seats don't fit well with the interiors, too much.

Not really. The seat color of the original R32's interior was blue (or aqua if you will, along with the doors and some of the tiles on the floor). And I remember the buses with painted blue seats in the 1970s when the paint scheme went from green to blue. In some ways, the blue color seats on the R142 and later is retro.

You have some good points there, now I see...blue seats aren't such new ideas.

Archived