No 5 from E180th to Dyre three weekends

mark1447

I notice at the the MTA's G/O listing, it says the (5) is not running from dyre to 180th street, replaced by a shuttle bus. Does this mean the (5) Ends at E180th, extended to 241st or 238th?

And why is this happening?

(5)Free shuttle buses replace trains between Dyre Av and East 180 St

Weekend, 11:30 PM Fri to 5 AM Mon, Mar 20 - Apr 6

• Transfer between the shuttle bus and the or train at East 180 St.

• Shuttle buses service Dyre Av, Baychester Av, Gun Hill Rd, Pelham Pkwy,

Morris Park, and East 180 St.

Station Shuttle Bus Stop Bus Stop

Dyre Av on Dyre Av at Light St Bx16

Baychester Av on Boston Rd at Baychester Av (toward East 180 St) Bx30

on Baychester Av at Boston Rd (toward Dyre Av) --

Gun Hill Rd Gun Hill Rd at DeWitt Place (toward East 180 St) Bx28

Gun Hill Rd at Knapp St (toward Dyre Av) Bx28

Pelham Pkwy on Williamsbridge Rd at Pelham Pkwy Bx8

Morris Park on Morris Park Av at Hone Av Bx21

East 180 St on Morris Park Av at East 180 St Bx21

This service change affects one or more ADA accessible stations.

Please call 718-596-8585 or (TTY) 718-596-8273, 6 AM to 10 PM for help with planning your trip.

since when does the dyre line has ADA access?

http://travel.mtanyct.info/newtp/serviceAdvisories/routeStatusResult.aspx?tag=ALL&date=03/21/2009&time=

I notice at the the MTA's G/O listing, it says the (5) is not running from dyre to 180th street, replaced by a shuttle bus. Does this mean the (5) Ends at E180th, extended to 241st or 238th?

And why is this happening?

since when does the dyre line has ADA access?

http://travel.mtanyct.info/newtp/serviceAdvisories/routeStatusResult.aspx?tag=ALL&date=03/21/2009&time=

For the (5) to extend to Nereid Avenue-238th Street and/or Wakefield-241st Street (2) trains won't run along the White Plains Road Line....so that means the (5) terminates @ East 180th Street.

Example: If a G/O says no (5) trains b/w Bowling Green and Grand Central from 12:01AM Saturday to 5AM Monday Mar 15-17....it means those (5) trains end @ Grand Central-42nd Street...get it now!!

For the (5) to extend to Nereid Avenue-238th Street and/or Wakefield-241st Street (2) trains won't run along the White Plains Road Line....so that means the (5) terminates @ East 180th Street.

Example: If a G/O says no (5) trains b/w Bowling Green and Grand Central from 12:01AM Saturday to 5AM Monday Mar 15-17....it means those (5) trains end @ Grand Central-42nd Street...get it now!!

u sound mad a bit from last sentence 0_0, but yea I get it. Even tho for that I would have the (2)(4) Replace it.. Thanks for explaing tho. Now just wondering wats being fixed on dyre branch

u sound mad a bit from last sentence 0_0, but yea I get it. Even tho for that I would have the (2)(4) Replace it.. Thanks for explaing tho. Now just wondering wats being fixed on dyre branch

I wasn't mad and if you don't near live Morris Park, Pelham Parkway, Gull Hill Road, Baychester Avenue and Eastchester-Dyre Avenue you have nothing to worry about :) and your welcome. I'm sure they fixing the tracks, 3rd rail or something of that nature!

Last I heard, there was damage caused by snowstorms that messed up some track structures along the Dyre Ave Line, but I dont know the fully story, if this is true. Also, this is a bustitution, so the (5) MIGHT be extended. I dont really see why it wouldnt get extended, it would lower the crowding on the (2) and give riders an alternative.

Track and cross ties N/B between Gun Hill Road and Baychester Ave and whatever else they can do at the same time.

Maybe because East 180th St is not ADA where (5) terminates if it terminate at E. 180th St.

I"m going to find out tomorrow.

There is no ADA at E180th and Dyre Branch, the only ADA for the WPR Line is: Pelham Parkway, Simpson Street and 3rd ave 149th. So there must be a mistake..

Archived