Pics From Today, October 14th, 2007

Phil D.

The Bx19. The bus line I tried to get away from, but went crawling back to. If you want to get a shot of me, you have to be out either overnight, or early in the morning. Veeeerrrrryyyy early.

That shot at Fresh Pond depot, I am all too familiar with. That is where I was assigned for for my 7-10 day qualification training. They made sure they sent me to a depot far away from home for that.

Good thing it was at Fresh Pond since it is one of the hardest depots to drive out of IMO with all of those narrow streets.

Been to Philly? Try turning a 45ft coach down some of Center City streets. They taught me nothing that I already didn't been through, but how to adjust my mirrors their way. My trainer only trained me and one of my fellow classmate, for 7 days. Two others went for 10. He told the other and I, he would of had us stop driving by day 4, since we already knew what we were doing. He didn't because his past experience was those who he let do this, would talk loudly in the back of the bus, and distract the others who needed more time driving.

Beside, Rockland Coaches Red and Tan Lines, trained me well when I first starting driving buses. NYCT was easier than theirs.

The Bx19. The bus line I tried to get away from, but went crawling back to. If you want to get a shot of me, you have to be out either overnight, or early in the morning. Veeeerrrrryyyy early.

Afraid I won't be getting a shot of you, then. I'm not usually out at all between 11 p.m. and 8 a.m.

Archived