NJT's New MCI's!!!!!!

MTAGuy

hey guys (NJT) has new MCI's roaming the streets now! i saw two of them in service on the turnpike (on the 139 i think) saturday they have the redesigned headlights and a rear destination sign. these buses look so awesome with the redesigned headlights, sorry i couldnt get a pic or the bus number cuz i was on the otherside of the turnpike but for all u photographers on this forum please look out for these buses they are really nice

your welcome guys! most likely howell garage routes you will find these buses on, like on the 139, 137, 319, 133 etc.. im goin to try to ride these buses too when i get the chance they look great!

The 319 isn't a Howell route and requires restroom equipped buses.

So which ones out of the order were rejected? And what's happening to the rest of them?

@MTAGuy: That's a nice bus.

I'm not exactly sure, but 2210-2268 are the only ones accepted, 2269 and up were rejected.

actually, 18 busses, and i saw bus # 7108 on route 139 last sunday leaving port authority. sad that i didn't have my camera.

the only big difference with these busses other than the powertrain is that they have rear route displays and a revised headlight design, courtesy of the CT designation.

Not all, the ones that were rejected. NJT picked up 17 of these bad boys.

NJT actually got 18 (7101-7118). Here is 7103.

7103-F.jpg

7103-R.jpg

The only thing that is NJT-spec about these buses is the exterior paint. These buses are clones of MTA Bus and NYC Transit MCIs otherwise (except engine).

The only thing that is NJT-spec about these buses is the exterior paint. These buses are clones of MTA Bus and NYC Transit MCIs otherwise (except engine).

Because they were supposed to go to NYCT and (MTA) Bus. Which makes me wonder, what's keeping the (MTA) from putting the rest into service? I know someone asked this before, just restating.

Because they were supposed to go to NYCT and (MTA) Bus. Which makes me wonder, what's keeping the (MTA) from putting the rest into service? I know someone asked this before, just restating.

Modifications related to idling laws in NYC. I would imagine that before the rejects went to Howell, the computer was rebooted in these buses.

Modifications related to idling laws in NYC. I would imagine that before the rejects went to Howell, the computer was rebooted in these buses.

And they changed that... whatever you call that thing with the 64 in it in your pictures. They formerly had a manual one on the top of the windshield.

That boy is pretty. I had a feeling they would go to Howell. No Engine Brakes on em tho, thats the sad part.

The 319 is outta Egg Harbor and Medowlands. However it'll be really easy for one to say they seen these CTs on the 319.

Doubtful; these buses also have rear destination signs for which NJT has no use.

Archived