Whitestone Bridge is closed due to serve truck accident (3/27/09) (since reopened)

Shortline Bus

The Whitestone Bridge as of now (245pm on 3/27/09)is closed competly in both directions due to accident. According to NY1 News a Truck hit a part of the bridge causing a sign to fall.

NYCT Buses Q44 QBX1 and X32 services are affected. Here the press from the MTA.

MTA Service Alert

Bronx-Whitestone Bridge, also affecting both MTA Bus QBX1 and NYCT bus routes Q44 and X32. All lanes are closed both directions due to truck accident. Motorists please use alternate routes such as either, Throgs Neck Bridge or the RFK Triboro Bridge.

In addition the Q44 X32 and QBX1 are also detoured to the Throgs Neck Bridge until further notice. Bronx and Queens bus riders should plan for alternative travel as severe delays of up to 1 hour or more are expected.

c)2009 MTA, Inc.

So any reactions especially from Q44 and QBX1 riders?

Thats my route.....well I am on vacation and I guess that was good news for me.....I was at Mainstreet last night around 7. P.M. and I spoke with a driver of the QBx1 and he said it took him from 5 P.M. from Pelham Bay train station till 7 to get to Mainstreet .......that is crazy......

1010 wins say it was a truck carrying a crane, whatever that means. Thats my biggest fear because i move heavy machinery on a lowboy like excavators and i'm always making sure i have the hoist (boom) low because if not it can turn out to be a major catastrophe like what happend yesterday. I wonder how many tickets the genius got.

(MTA)(MTA)

This is why buses such as the QBx1 need to be derived from Bronx depots. Bronx commuters should not have to rely on something that comes from another borough.

I agree. Maybe have the (MTA) bus Eastchester depot should run the QBX1 and West Farms also 'share' with the Stengal/Flushing depot the Q44.

Thats my route.....well I am on vacation and I guess that was good news for me.....I was at Mainstreet last night around 7. P.M. and I spoke with a driver of the QBx1 and he said it took him from 5 P.M. from Pelham Bay train station till 7 to get to Mainstreet .......that is crazy......

Damn!

This is why buses such as the QBx1 need to be derived from Bronx depots. Bronx commuters should not have to rely on something that comes from another borough.

What will that solve?? they still have to go over the bridge to get to queens and back......;)

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

What's the difference? What about he people in queens? In affect them as well! You see the prefix? QBx. Queens and Bronx! Both sides suffer if the bus was ran out the Bx!

Archived