The story behind your username

PATCOman

lol

My user name is from my favorite train route (if it existed). The Sea Beach is beautiful, and with a nonstop run, it's even better.

It did exist, but only for a short time. It ran express from 57/7th to Brighton Beach via the Sea Beach express. It was very unpopular and only lasted 1 or 2 years.

Yup, but it will never come about again because it wasn't beneficial to any riders along Sea Beach. If they added express stops at, say, New Utrecht and Kings Highway, then that's a different story. Skipping nine stops is too much.

Yup, but it will never come about again because it wasn't beneficial to any riders along Sea Beach. I

It was never meant to benefit Sea Beach riders. It was and express from the city to Coney Island. The only reason it terminated at Brighton Beach was that Stillwell already have 5 other routes terminating there.

It was never meant to benefit Sea Beach riders. It was and express from the city to Coney Island. The only reason it terminated at Brighton Beach was that Stillwell already have 5 other routes terminating there.

And that's why it failed!

The (NX) was a novel idea. The (NX) ran from November 27,1967 to April 12,1968 never seeing the 1968 summer season at Coney Island. Its' bullet was light blue.

But that was only on the maps and only a few trains even had the (NX) on rollsigns which were still the old black and white ones.

Could of ans this before but oh well.. Mark1447. The Mark name is like a Proxy protecting my real name online :P. Even though my real name is known by a few. lol. I've had Mark1447 for the last 2 years about starting with TransitStuff (if anyone remembers that old forum).. I like it and want to stick with it unless otherwise changed..

PS. Even though you see "Matt" on most sig or so, thats not my name ethere. Thats a name i use for my website/forum. lol

I never knew Mark was not your real name. IIRC, at one point I said "Slammin pics Mark!"

Archived