An all NJT consist owned by SEPTA

Actually that's SEPTA's lonely ALP-44. It was actually a gift to repay the late delivery for the then-new fleet on the Norristown High Speed Line. SEPTA originally wanted an AEM7, but it was no longer in production so they gave a ALP-44 instead. But yes, the Comet Is were formerly owned by NJT.

All the Comet I's are retired. They last ran end of March. Some are heading to new owners the rest will most likely be scrapped at this point.

I actually saw the last train of comet 1's sitting at hoboken back in march. Were hooked to a PL42AC.

- A

Mebe the one i saw was simply being moved out of the way before being taken to mmc? It was on track 18. Weird in any case. I think i got photos of it, if i do i'll post.

- A

P3250048.jpg

P3250049.jpg

P3250050.jpg

P3250051.jpg

P3250052.jpg

P3250053.jpg

P3250054.jpg

P3250055.jpg

P3250056.jpg

P3250058.jpg

Interesting, as there also seems to be a multilevel consist behind the comets.

There were more than just 4 cars, and i could not see the loco, but i know it was diesel. The MNRR unit was off. These photos were taken from the HBLR platform. If it had not been in a hurry to go i would have investigated further. The photos date from march 25, a wednesday.

- A

The back looks like a cat, what do you think? Could they have simply moved these 4/5 out of the way?

I've tried to remember what loco this was, because i'm pretty sure i was on the next platform over...... All my visits to hoboken kinda blend together, aside from one where i photographed an old certain rebuilt CR clunker which makes runs to bay head... :cool:

- A

Archived