Tick Tock

Blatherskite

The conductor O/C list has been certified since February 16th 2011. It is scheduled to expire February 16th 2015.

So they should start calling O/C people any day now. Your prediction may be right, these next 2 Promo C/R classes may be the last and I may end up in a O/C class with fresh noobs off the street lmao!!.

So they should start calling O/C people any day now. Your prediction may be right, these next 2 Promo C/R classes may be the last and I may end up in a O/C class with fresh noobs off the street lmao!!.

This may make me sound like someone who is full of himself, (then again, almost everyone here already thinks that any way) I have been correct on almost all my predictions involving Transit.

One thing is bothering me though. It's great they are hiring en mass again, but what's eating at me is that a mere 10 months ago, all was doom and gloom at Transit, yet now, they are hiring left and right. It makes me wonder, was this a spoiled brat wanting his way with the layoffs and once he got them says ok, ok, you played my game according to my rules, now I will give back all part of his immature power plan?

He said they were hundreds of millions of dollars in debt, and has to lay a bunch of people off, yet 6 to 8 months later he hires them all back, and the hiring is now very intense and abundant. Something stinks here, and it's not the litter box.

Justin, the T/O O/C list will not be used for at least the next year to 2 years.

This may make me sound like someone who is full of himself, (then again, almost everyone here already thinks that any way) I have been correct on almost all my predictions involving Transit.

One thing is bothering me though. It's great they are hiring en mass again, but what's eating at me is that a mere 10 months ago, all was doom and gloom at Transit, yet now, they are hiring left and right. It makes me wonder, was this a spoiled brat wanting his way with the layoffs and once he got them says ok, ok, you played my game according to my rules, now I will give back all part of his immature power plan?

He said they were hundreds of millions of dollars in debt, and has to lay a bunch of people off, yet 6 to 8 months later he hires them all back, and the hiring is now very intense and abundant. Something stinks here, and it's not the litter box.

Justin, the T/O O/C list will not be used for at least the next year to 2 years.

Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking myself. They just wanted another bailout by the state and they didn't get it so they got the cash thru lay offs. Now that they got the money they wanted everything is peaches and cream. And with all the cash they will be saving on the reclassified S/A's to new hire cleaners @ a big reduction in pay they are very happy. Or maybe they just decided to use that surplus money they always have laying around somewhere hidden to hire people back and hire new people.

They wanted to open up our contract. The union did not blink and made the sacrifices(lay offs). It was all a game to bad it played with real people's life's.

:mad:Yeah it sucks I had to just be a pawn in TA's political propaganda.:tdown:

How many people are left on the promotion condcutor list?

Don't worry about it you won't be a conductor. 2 months in, you will quit and come here to talk about how bad life is and will anyone from the Fire department be hired by 2018 while telling us your father was a fire fighter, then asking us questions how the job works, even though you claim to know, then asking us if a fire will kill you.

Don't worry about it you won't be a conductor. 2 months in, you will quit and come here to talk about how bad life is and will anyone from the Fire department will be hired by 2018 while telling us your father was a fire fighter, then asking us questions how the job works, even though you claim to know, then asking us if a fire will kill you.

LMAO, you guys are so harsh on this guy, what did he do???

LMAO, you guys are so harsh on this guy, what did he do???

Read his posts. He basically comes in here to whine that the sky isn't quite the blue he had hoped it would be. He talks about an alleged father having been a conductor, then asks questions about the job and sounds like someone that never had any contact with anyone in New York City let alone a conductor. He asks ridiculous questions like will the 3rd rail shock you if you touch it, then asks further ridiculous questions like if a train runs you over and splits you in 2, will you be beside yourself (he didn't actually ask that. I threw that one in) then comes on to tell people they will never get hired knowing nothing about the hiring prcess while Transit has been hiring a lot since October. He makes a suicidal person sound like an optimist. It's annoying. Some thoughts should not be shared. About 2 thirds of his should be kept to himself. He's the Iyor of the message boards, or whatever the hell the name is of the depressed donkey in Winnie the Pooh.

Read his posts. He basically comes in here to whine that the sky isn't quite the blue he had hoped it would be. He talkes about an alleged father having been a conductor, then asks questions about the job and sounds like someone that never had any contact with anyone in New York City let alone a conductor. He asks ridiculous questions like will the 3rd rail shock you if you touch it, then asks further ridiculous questions like it a train runs you over and splits you in 2, will you be beside yourself (he didn't actually ask that. I that. I threw that one in) then comes on to tell people they will never get hired knowing nothing about the hiring prcess while Transit has been hiring a lot since October. He makes a suicidal person sound like an optimist. It's annoying. Some thoughts should not be shared. About 2 thirds of his should be kept to himself. He's the Iyor of the message boards, or whatever the hell the name is of the depressed donkey in Winnie the Pooh.

Well i guess with all that said then he deserves his treatment. Dude sounds like a real spaz. I do recall something about his father the conductor posted one thread.

Your right. I won't be a conductor for long. I will be your T/O and then I will be your supervisor. Why are you so bitter? What happened, passenger spit in your face?

Thanks for the good laugh. You won't be going anywhere. And if T/O you mean totally obnoxious, then yes you will be T/O. You're a joke and an emarassment to your alleged conductor father.

And I'm sorry for not knowing anything about the job even though my father was a condcutor. NEWSFLASH: I rarely saw him when he was working. As soon as I got home from school, he was getting ready to leave to work the night shift. And during his last year I virtually never saw him since he was working insane amounts of overtime to increase his pension. Sometimes he was gone for 2 days at a time. And I was a little kid when he was working as a condcutor. Back then I had no interest in asking him about his job. All I wanted to do was listen to his walkie talkie. It's been over 11 years since he last worked on a train. Maybe before you should know the facts first before you criticize.

FYI: I don't give a rat's butt if you beleive anything I say. If I was lying, why would I say my father was a conductor and not a T/O or a supervisor? He was one of the last Tier Is around when he retired. Oh wait, if my father was not a conductor, how would I know about pension tiers? And MTA workers use Bendix King radios. Oh wait, if he was not a conductor, how would I know that? And the key they use to open and close the doors has a square cyclinder. Oh wait, if he was not a condcutor, how would I know that?

If I was lying, why would I say my father was a conductor and not a T/O or a supervisor? He was one of the last Tier Is around when he retired. Oh wait, if my father was not a conductor, how would I know about pension tiers? And MTA workers use Bendix King radios. Oh wait, if he was not a conductor, how would I know that? And the key they use to open and close the doors has a square cyclinder. Oh wait, if he was not a condcutor, how would I know that?

You don't need to be an employee to know any of that information. Why do you think this forum exists? btw, the "square cylinder" key you're talking about is called a "Vapor key", I'm not a Conductor and I know that.

I doubt too many people know the maker of the radios. Well, I am done trying tio prove my father was a condcutor. What do I have to do, scan the MTA shirt patch I have in my night table draw? OH wait, if I did that, I would just get accused of buying it from the Transit Museum gift shop.

Read his posts. He basically comes in here to whine that the sky isn't quite the blue he had hoped it would be. He talks about an alleged father having been a conductor, then asks questions about the job and sounds like someone that never had any contact with anyone in New York City let alone a conductor. He asks ridiculous questions like will the 3rd rail shock you if you touch it, then asks further ridiculous questions like if a train runs you over and splits you in 2, will you be beside yourself (he didn't actually ask that. I threw that one in) then comes on to tell people they will never get hired knowing nothing about the hiring prcess while Transit has been hiring a lot since October. He makes a suicidal person sound like an optimist. It's annoying. Some thoughts should not be shared. About 2 thirds of his should be kept to himself. He's the Iyor of the message boards, or whatever the hell the name is of the depressed donkey in Winnie the Pooh.

Whew! Bet ya needed a minute to breathe after that. But wow.

Oh, and FYI: the part about saying people will "never' be hired (I never used the word "never," somebody else did) is meaningless. The titles they have been hiring for since October are not the ones I was referencing. Not a single O/C condcutor or O/C T/O has been hired since October.

I think you are confusing me with the person who wrote this thread, as this was the only poster to have ever used the word "never" in reference to hiring.

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17826

Your right. I won't be a conductor for long. I will be your T/O and then I will be your supervisor. Why are you so bitter? What happened, passenger spit in your face?

You WILL be my conductor and cause me some sort of problem such as opening up the doors outside of the station EVEN with enablers.(My luck,there will be a short circuit somewhere)When you become a T/O youwill end up taking my train and causing me grief there.When you become a supervisor,you will ask to operate and proceed to put an entire train out of the station,hit a bumping block,run into the back of another train and climb the anticlimbers.ALL of this on the SAME trip.

Archived