Rat takes selfie pic @ President St Station

46Dover

• 3 weeks later...

What idiot sits on the platform sleeping anyway... Maybe next time he'll think twice.

What kind of idiot sits in the subway at all? With the amount of smelly homeless people (I see at least one a day on the train), you’d have to do your laundry every day from contact with the contaminated surfaces. I saw two in the past week with their butt crack showing with stained underwear. The buses are probably cleaner, and the express buses even cleaner, but I will never sit on anything in the subway system. I don’t even hold the poles.

What kind of idiot sits in the subway at all? With the amount of smelly homeless people (I see at least one a day on the train), you’d have to do your laundry every day from contact with the contaminated surfaces. I saw two in the past week with their butt crack showing with stained underwear. The buses are probably cleaner, and the express buses even cleaner, but I will never sit on anything in the subway system. I don’t even hold the poles.

It builds your immune system, lol. Sometimes if I'm tired enough and it's late I'll sit on the stairs until the train comes.

It builds your immune system, lol.

I’m actually a firm believer of exposure to create immunity, but that’s no way to do it.

✓ Playing with the dog

✓ Playing in the dirt

✓ Eating expired food

A lot of this immunity is built up in early childhood years, so I am not even sure careful hygiene robs a person of any benefits in late adolescence or adulthood. My problem with “dirt” is just color and odor—not anything to do with germs. For example, urine is sterile, but would you want to have that anywhere on you outside of your bladder?

LMAO... You... Me, I generally don't sit on anything aside from the express bus, but even those I have to look before I sit.

I’m actually a firm believer of exposure to create immunity, but that’s no way to do it.

✓ Playing with the dog

✓ Playing in the dirt

✓ Eating expired food

A lot of this immunity is built up in early childhood years, so I am not even sure careful hygiene robs a person of any benefits in late adolescence or adulthood. My problem with “dirt” is just color and odor—not anything to do with germs. For example, urine is sterile, but would you want to have that anywhere on you outside of your bladder?

Maybe if I got stung by a jelly fish?

I’m actually a firm believer of exposure to create immunity, but that’s no way to do it.✓ Playing with the dog✓ Playing in the dirt✓ Eating expired foodA lot of this immunity is built up in early childhood years, so I am not even sure careful hygiene robs a person of any benefits in late adolescence or adulthood. My problem with “dirt” is just color and odor—not anything to do with germs. For example, urine is sterile, but would you want to have that anywhere on you outside of your bladder?

Actually, urine is only sterile while its in your bladder. Outside the body, it cannot be said to be sterile. For example, in the case of a urinary tract infection, STI related or otherwise, the urine can and does pick up pathogens that live in/on the urethral mucosa membrane.

A bit of a non sequitur yes - but a myth I find it important to dispel.

Actually, urine is only sterile while its in your bladder. Outside the body, it cannot be said to be sterile. For example, in the case of a urinary tract infection, STI related or otherwise, the urine can and does pick up pathogens that live in/on the urethral mucosa membrane.

A bit of a non sequitur yes - but a myth I find it important to dispel.

Well all I know it there are quite a few subway stations that are downright lethal to be in.  The 47-50th street station comes to mind.  Walk too far down the platform and you'll be pleasantly greeted by the stench of piss.

Archived