The (E) train; Ride The SMEE"S

R32 3838

Okay The (E) is Close to being 100% R160, I rode 9222 yesterday while 9223-9232 is at CI for Training, The (E) had 1 R32 but was taken out until the PM Rush and I will say there is atleast 4-6 sets of R40M/42 Mixes, I know 4572/73 is on the (E), Weekends are Out of the question, and during the Middays the (E) only runs 2-3 sets of R32 (Rarely) and R40M/42 mixes, All I got to say is

RIDE THE SMEE"S ON THE (E) WHILE YOU CAN

I think no later than July the (E) will be 100% R160's

During The Rush Hours Its a good Chance of Riding the R32,R40M and R42's on the (E).

During construction/service changes, when your line doesn't run, like the (C) on weekends, you get assigned to cover other lines, not a day off... From what I heard, re-assigned (C) line train operators who got assigned to the (F) for weekend service weren't R160 qualified, and caused a nightmare for (F) supervision.. Afterwards, more SMEE's were put in (F) service on weekends to ease the problem.. Hence the good assortment of equipment running the (F)..

I never get reassigned to the (F) line on the weekends. Most of the time a ether get yard switching or Station switching. As a matter of fact (C) crews have not be reassigned over the last 6 weeks or so. We have been put on the (A) Supplements taking the (A) crews that are going to Far Rock off and EUC to take the trains in for them. Then we take them back to EUC and give them up to the (A) Crews again were they take them uptown. I love these Supplements as a Saturday (C) T/O becouse it make my job ALOT better then 3 full trips on the (C).

I never get reassigned to the (F) line on the weekends. Most of the time a ether get yard switching or Station switching. As a matter of fact (C) crews have not be reassigned over the last 6 weeks or so. We have been put on the (A) Supplements taking the (A) crews that are going to Far Rock off and EUC to take the trains in for them. Then we take them back to EUC and give them up to the (A) Crews again were they take them uptown. I love these Supplements as a Saturday (C) T/O becouse it make my job ALOT better then 3 full trips on the (C).
ah, so that explains that T/O that I saw at Euclid.

The R42/R40 trains are having the R40s taken out. Other R42s are just being put into storage, I would assume.

Huh?

The R160s bumped the R46s to Pitkin to retire the Slants. None of the Jamaica R42s replaced the Slants. I assume that with Pitkin having enough R46s to take out the Slants, The rest of R160's will bump Jamaica's r42s to the ocean

Huh?

The R160s bumped the R46s to Pitkin to retire the Slants. None of the Jamaica R42s replaced the Slants. I assume that with Pitkin having enough R46s to take out the Slants, The rest of R160's will bump Jamaica's r42s to the ocean

What I meant to say was, the R42 sets that run on the (E)(F)(R) run with both R40s and R42s in each train. Those R40s are slowly being taken out of each train to make solid trains of R42s.

The R42/R40 trains are having the R40s taken out. Other R42s are just being put into storage, I would assume.

Nope They put them on the (F), and the R40M's are starting to go,And there is only 1 set of r32's on the (E).

Okay, Today I was on an R32 (E), (ONLY 1 Trainset) and there were atleast 3 Trainsets of R40M/R42 Mixes and the rest were R160's, 1 R160A Trainset was testinig, 9472-9483 was Testing around 12:50 when I saw it at 23rd ELY, There was Only 1 Trainset of R40M/R42 Mix running all day while the rest were R160's. The Days are almost over for SMEE's On the (E).

Archived