New R160 at 207th St

R33WF

I saw #9493 being trucked on I-95 in North Jersey heading towards the George Washington Bridge. I didn't think the bridge could handle that kind of weight. I assumed it was being sent to the 207 St yard. I should have pulled my car over to the side to take photos!

I saw #9493 being trucked on I-95 in North Jersey heading towards the George Washington Bridge. I didn't think the bridge could handle that kind of weight. I assumed it was being sent to the 207 St yard. I should have pulled my car over to the side to take photos!

I move heavy machinery on a lowboy (pics on profile)but thats SOME lowboy carring that train car, the GW can handle that because your looking at 125,000lbs truck train and trailer combined. did anyone happen to catch what company was moving this?

idk if someone already posted this elsewhere, but i took a side trip up to 207th on the (1), and saw R160B's 9812-9810 parked on the tracks. would have pics, but if you remember, some mexican guy ran into me about 1.5 months ago and the camera semi-broke, so it cant take high def pics anymore. (video and pics up to 4x zoom is fine, but was apparently not enough for the shots from the platform of 215th st station, couldn't get clear image of car numbers).

Archived