Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
R33WF

New R160 at 207th St

great catch on the R160A. Seems like every tuesday, wed or thurs new cars

btw wrong forum, this should be in BMT/IND forums

Edited by mark1447

great catch on the R160A-2s. Seems like every tuesday, wed or thurs new cars

btw wrong forum, this should be in BMT/IND forums

Um, this is the BMT/IND Forums! X-D

While R160A #9493 - #9502 came to 207 street yard.. is Jamiaca yard going to retire R40M reefed them. R40M is next to be reefed.? right?

(E) to city hall

(E) Next stop is

(E) Brooklyn bridge

I saw #9493 being trucked on I-95 in North Jersey heading towards the George Washington Bridge. I didn't think the bridge could handle that kind of weight. I assumed it was being sent to the 207 St yard. I should have pulled my car over to the side to take photos!

I saw #9493 being trucked on I-95 in North Jersey heading towards the George Washington Bridge. I didn't think the bridge could handle that kind of weight. I assumed it was being sent to the 207 St yard. I should have pulled my car over to the side to take photos!

I move heavy machinery on a lowboy (pics on profile)but thats SOME lowboy carring that train car, the GW can handle that because your looking at 125,000lbs truck train and trailer combined. did anyone happen to catch what company was moving this?

Dan it wouldn't surprise me if Alstom or Bombadier didnt have their own trucks moving them since they are in the business of building train cars. Just a guess though.

maybe, or they probably give to an outside contractor, believe me its a headache driving thru the streets of new york with that type of load.

have R160A #9498 - #9502 have been delivered to 207 street

overhaul shop yet.?

No but they will most likely be delivered tonight.

when will #9223 - #9227 be put into service.

the 30 day testing have been completed #9223 - #9227

They will when the (MTA) decides to. None of us know or would know the set date.

idk if someone already posted this elsewhere, but i took a side trip up to 207th on the (1), and saw R160B's 9812-9810 parked on the tracks. would have pics, but if you remember, some mexican guy ran into me about 1.5 months ago and the camera semi-broke, so it cant take high def pics anymore. (video and pics up to 4x zoom is fine, but was apparently not enough for the shots from the platform of 215th st station, couldn't get clear image of car numbers).

Do you still have pics? Maybe the car numbers are visible if you zoom in enough. Even if you can't, the EXIF data will show the date they were taken, and the other option II set is already at CI.

are you talking about #9803 - #9812 R160B. ( #9803 - #9812 have been

delivered 207 street overhaul shop.).

so where will #9803 - #9942 go to , to which line.?