Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
R32 3838

R46 on the Lefferts Shuttle

Excellent Shots! I guess that they ran out of those shuttle line designators for the Lefferts Shuttle as they are currenly using R46s as well for the shuttles.

Excellent Shots! I guess that they ran out of those shuttle line designators for the Lefferts Shuttle as they are currenly using R46s as well for the shuttles.

Shuttle line deignators???? What do you mean? if you're reffering to the (S) bullet, they commonly use the B'way bullet for lefferts shuttle service

Shuttle line deignators???? What do you mean? if you're reffering to the (S) bullet, they commonly use the B'way bullet for lefferts shuttle service
I meant the bullet, but couldn't think of that term at the moment.

I remember in the good old days when they used the R38s exclusively for the Lefferts Shuttle!

The Lefferts Shuttle has been using a Yellow (S) for years. The reason is simply because they don't want people to confuse it to the Rockaway Park Shuttle.

They been using the Broadway (S)? I thought they used the (A) sign :confused:

The Dyer Shuttle also displays an (S) or a (5) depending on the T/O. It runs with 5 cars, just like the Leffers does 4-Cars.

The Dyer Shuttle also displays an (S) or a (5) depending on the T/O. It runs with 5 cars, just like the Leffers does 4-Cars.

It always show as (5) when I see it at night

well the use of the yellow S is actually to help riders to distinquish the difference between the (A) to Far Rock/Manhattan and the (A) Shuttle to Lefferts/Euclid. Has nothing to do with the rock park (S)

I would think with R-142s, T/Os would always used the same (5) signage for the Dyre Shuttle. Perhaps the (S) was used sporadically during the redbird days, although I've never been up there at that time.

I've heard some say that the late night R Shuttle (36 St to 95 St) sometimes uses the brown <R> or gray (S), although usually I've seen the regular yellow (R).

R44's were used. The Lefferts Shuttle is OPTO.
Thanks! The last time I took it was back in 1997 and it ran R38s back then.