AEM7 towing train 86 in New London (I think)

Fred G

Interesting, I never knew that they replaced all the Amtrak markings on 840 and replaced them with Connecticut Commuter Rail logos. I guess it's (somewhat) permanent.

Nice spiffy job they did, too (/sarcasm)

Excellent pics Fred!

Thanks, Curtis :P

Interesting, I never knew that they replaced all the Amtrak markings on 840 and replaced them with Connecticut Commuter Rail logos. I guess it's (somewhat) permanent.

Nice spiffy job they did, too (/sarcasm)

01+P40+833+on+SLE+train+relay+at+Old+Saybrook.jpg

I hope this is only temporary but I dunno; it's been months :mad:

Excellent pics Fred!

Thanks, Curtis :P

I did asked a question, above, must of gotten missed. But on the 8th pic is that also apart of the NHL? (New Haven Line)

No, I must have previewed my response but never sent it.

It's the Shoreline East, which operates primarily between New Haven and Old Saybrook. The train you see here is the one train that travels to New London and arrives at 19:40 and leaves at 19:50, or something like that.

I like the 1st Acela pic

thanks, forest glen

Brilliant shots!

thanks charles!

Awesome stuff! Thanks for sharing.

Can I just ask you, what is the focal length for the lens you used in the first pictures by the crossing? :cool:

-Paul

Thanks, Paul, it's 28mm, on a 28-85 zoom.

Nice!! :tup:

That same HHP8 and that same AEM-47 were involved in another tow job/late train a few months ago. The -47 was sitting about a mile up the line at rahway waiting to get the green to move in front of the disabled train, though i think they may have had to pull it back past the one interlocking first. My (NJT) train was delayed because it had to go around a 3 car rescue train that was going to bring pax back to newark. We had to skip 2 stops also. Very odd happenings that day. :confused:

- A

Archived