What should I expect as a new Conductor (NYCT)?

puertorocks

Whats this your coming back to the B Div what the heck happened you have weekends off now don't ya ? Hector is happy as hell to be back on the (D) lol I saw him the other day.

I don't have wkends but yeah we both had it with QNS. However I may condider it again if I can pick just the (E)(V)

To get abused the first year or two, miss almost all family events, and not have a real summer vacation for a long time..

On the plus side, your checks wont bounce, and you just got a contract giving you a 11.5% raise over 3 years which myself included paid $1200 in fines to get..

Welcome to the (MTA)! Going your way, 'as long as its the same way as ours!';)

When I was new I always wanted to work PM's. So when holidays came up such as Thanksgiving and Christmas, I always picked the last possible PM job on the (J); I knew J-312 starting at 1810 quite well. This way I would just wake up early and go to the functions. After eating the turkey, I'd head to work. You can still make it work for you even with zero seniority.

And don't kvetch about your strike fines. On the VR, I had the misfortune of picking a 10 hour R job that week with SS off, so I wound up paying 90 hours in fines (30 for not going to work and 60 for the Taylor Law violation.) I paid double what you paid.

Dave be having a big ole smile working that (6)<6>. I haven't seen that line in about 2 weeks now.........

I want to go to the B to operate those R160s. I am so bored in the A Div. So damn bored........

How much seniority do you have?

LOL that's when I can expect to run into you (well I'd certainly hope not literally :P) once you ace the trackworker test

Subwayguy, you should know better. This is a thread about being a conductor and I am speaking from the view of a conductor.... for RTO Flagging Ops.:cool:

Subwayguy, you should know better. This is a thread about being a conductor and I am speaking from the view of a conductor.... for RTO Flagging Ops.:cool:

So then why I didn't you take the test? ah that's right party hardy... :P;)

PM's would be best for me though...the wake up late stay up late combination suits me well. I can adjust to anything but that's just what I prefer.

Overnights it depends...I know you're big into flagging but those tunnels can hot sometimes and I'd prefer me a nice air conditioned R160 cab "stand clear of the closing doors" :)

Yes you MUST let the train make the announcements. The only announcements that should be made manual are Delay and Reroutes.

awww ;) I wanted to do the typical garbled messages on the R160, mess with peoples heads. lol

awww ;) I wanted to do the typical garbled messages on the R160, mess with peoples heads. lol

If you made me listen to that pre-announcement DING 100+ times in a day, I'd be purchasing voodoo dolls with your likeness on them and stabbing them with a pitchfork.

If you made me listen to that pre-announcement DING 100+ times in a day, I'd be purchasing voodoo dolls with your likeness on them and stabbing them with a pitchfork.

LOL

My personal favorite use of the DING by C/R's is when a certain transfer isn't available that day so the C/R just times it into the announcement.

"This is 51st St. Transfer is available to the E an..."

DING!

on second thought, maybe I should leave the computer as-is. ;)

Makes a normal day very easy. Point, open, look and close, and look again, close window and take a seat. MInd you, this would be baring one big problem, geese.
Well there is another problem not sure about you but my arm doesn't pass through physical objects B)

open window, Point, open, look and close, and look again, close window and take a seat.

Well there is another problem not sure about you but my arm doesn't pass through physical objects B)

open window, Point, open, look and close, and look again, close window and take a seat.

Nah. If BERA is any indication, if Matted ever becomes a C/R he is going to leave the cab window down all the time LOL. He'll be hearing the click clack in his sleep :P

Nah. If BERA is any indication, if Matted ever becomes a C/R he is going to leave the cab window down all the time LOL. He'll be hearing the click clack in his sleep B)

I hear nothing, no really! Being around trains so much has been a ***** on my ears. I wish I had taken the C/R test as I would have loved working midnights on the OLD SMEEs, sitting or standing out side of the cab between stations and making non regulation anouncments.

I hear nothing, no really! Being around trains so much has been a ***** on my ears. I wish I had taken the C/R test as I would have loved working midnights on the OLD SMEEs, sitting or standing out side of the cab between stations and making non regulation anouncments.

*Next stop is Bergen Street, now all youse yuppies, get off my train*

"This is 15th Street- Prospect Park home of Farrels Bar and Grill" "Next stop 7th Ave, get the F out of the doors"

I see your two pair and I raise you $50...

"This is 77th st formerly working class Yorkville. If you're a yuppie wearing a suit or too much makeup and in search of a Starbucks pretentious coffee, there is coffee about 100 yards into the tunnel in front of the train." "Now get the hell out of the doors because I don't care if you're late to work, because I was on time today and I want to stay on time right up to the point I go home, Ding Dong"

Bzzt bzzt.

Archived