The Road Test!

robb911

That is what I am trying to find out Igor, I should get the guys name and address later on today. I am not sure if he would rent his buses out, but for the right price anything is possible I guess. Your driving school will provide the bus for you to take on your road test, you mean you want to drive them after you get your cdl right?

All I want to is practice making turns, backing up, parking hopefully in a wide open area. No way am I going to risk my clean CDL driving in traffic if you know what I mean.

I know some people say don't waste your money, you will pass, it is easy, etc.. well in life there are no guarantees. I agree with 1daysoon that the training was too short. The more you do something the better you get at it.

well yes sumthing for now until the mta calls me.

Okay but I'm still trying to find out how i find out where i am on the list...i took it last winter...bus operator...got a 95 on it..

What exam was that? It can't be the 8006, that was in April of last year. Whatever list your on, a 95 is a great score. Didn't you receive in the mail from DCAS your score and list number? That is the only way to really know. The list isn't online anywhere that I know of.

Oh...in that case i did not get any thing in the mail.........I didn't think that was a good score based on how easy it was and how many people took the test...

From what you just said then you must be talking about the conductors exam,#8094, on Dec 6th,2008. No B/O exam is ever that easy.

From what you just said then you must be talking about the conductors exam,#8094, on Dec 6th,2008. No B/O exam is ever that easy.

B/O exams and C/R exams are usually equally easy. They were one test until not that many years ago.

B/O exams and C/R exams are usually equally easy. They were one test until not that many years ago.

Well I would only know about the last 2 TA B/O exams(06,08). From last years exam, somebody got a 90 and his list number is #170. Pretty sure more people failed then passed on both of those exams. (#4885, #3,758), those are very short eligibles lists for an open competitive exam.

Hey man a wish you the best of luck on your road test.just remeber when to do all the proper requirments while driving and to take at a slow pace and get everything right.;)

Thx........well see...I did a mock road test today...got 10 points so that's not terrible.......we'll see.....I see you work for LL my friend....I want to join!!

Thx........well see...I did a mock road test today...got 10 points so that's not terrible.......we'll see.....I see you work for LL my friend....I want to join!!

You don't have to be perfect, Pass is pass, there is room for error,(-45 points you pass I believe) but don't perform a "dangerous action" as that is an automatic fail. Like others have said, take your time, don't be nervous and everything will come together for you.

:-( well I didn't even get to take the test.......My license apparently says I need corrective lenses....I've never worn glasses in my life....I'll have to head to the DMV to correct that.....But it's so frustrating because I know I wouldve passed today....even the worst guy out of my class got only 5 points......now who knows what'll happen when I take it....I'm extremely dissapointed..

:-( well I didn't even get to take the test.......My license apparently says I need corrective lenses....I've never worn glasses in my life....I'll have to head to the DMV to correct that.....But it's so frustrating because I know I wouldve passed today....even the worst guy out of my class got only 5 points......now who knows what'll happen when I take it....I'm extremely dissapointed..

Keep your head up and get that taken care of right away! :cool:

^^^thx for the encouragement....I went to DMV and got it removed...the school says my new test date is sept 8...I was trying to apply to a school bus copany now in aug because i figure they'd do most of there hiring now before the school season starts......or try to get into Liberty lines....but now eveything is put on hold.....so frustrating.....guess it's no ones fault but my own :-/

^^^thx for the encouragement....I went to DMV and got it removed...the school says my new test date is sept 8...I was trying to apply to a school bus copany now in aug because i figure they'd do most of there hiring now before the school season starts......or try to get into Liberty lines....but now eveything is put on hold.....so frustrating.....guess it's no ones fault but my own :-/

When you were reading the eye chart at the DMV, what did the clerk tell you or have written on your cdl permit?

What I did was memorize most of the chart beforehand or listened to the people ahead of me read it. :P

When you were reading the eye chart at the DMV, what did the clerk tell you or have written on your cdl permit?

What I did was memorize most of the chart beforehand or listened to the people ahead of me read it. ;)

Tsk Tsk shame on you loco...lol....did you mean when I had it taken off?...If you mean that then nothing.....he just saw I can actually see and don't need corrective lenses so he took it off....My license that is.....my permit still has it on it...but I figure that Since the issue date will be later on my actual license that if the inspector ask for lenses i can say look at the date of my license...it was removed..

• 3 weeks later...

ahh i bet you do my friend.just take your time.evrything will be fine.you will get through it.hope to see you on the road soon for liberty.;)

mine is sept 4 my road test i`m taking it by the

hiltin graden hotel

staten island , ny

it`s on glen street my road test

good luck, dont panic, dont get nervouse, do th pre-trip, the air and then the driving. dont hit the curb when your parallel park and call all your heights. 123 and its over.

Archived