Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
NYtransit

R32 and R40M/R42 on the (V) and (R)?

is the R32 and R40M/R42 still available on the (V)? the reason im asking this is because i want to go railfanning again.i haven't went in 3 months.

Yes. I rode an R42 on the (R) yesterday during rush hour in the afternoon.

(V) is still mostly SMEE, the (R) runs all 3 fleets during the rush hour but only 2-6 sets.

You can cacth both SMEE's on the ®/(V), Most of the SMEE's are on the (V), and all day on the (R), The SMEE's are all day on the (R), The rush hour put-ins are R46's and 2 R42's, The SMEE's won't leave the (V) until the end of the year, The (R) will get R160's mostlikely by the Fall - Winter if all goes plainned, They are currently training both ®/Relay Crews for the R160's, then the (V) will get the R160's at the end of the year or 2010, but Very few on will be on the (V).

Also There are starting to be More R160's on the (F), As 1 new R160 comes in they bump an R46 to the (R) to bump a SMEE to the Scrap mainly R40M/R42, So I would ride the (R) more and plus the (R) runs a ton of SMEE's on the weekends.

i think the (R) and (V)are running majorirty smees and the (F) has most of the 46s because every (F) i have seen lately has been a 46 and since jamaica has about 650 46 cars about 384 of them are on the (F)

i think the (R) and (V)are running majorirty smees and the (F) has most of the 46s because every (F) i have seen lately has been a 46 and since jamaica has about 650 46 cars about 384 of them are on the (F)

All of the SMEEs now at Jamaica are on the (R) and the (V), with the (V) taking most of them.