Rider Claims T/O let kid drive train

Did any happen yet, at least in New York? Didn't think so.

keep in mind I said UNTIL another crash happens I know it hasnt happned yet but wait until one does and maybe its caused by someone operating who shouldnt be...will we still be defending letting them in the cabs then?

Its not Flatbush, Flatbush is two side platforms which are connected just past the bumper blocks.

I think there's nothing wrong with people being in cabs provided they are 1) signed in by the T/O (and as part of that back checked for any Darius like crimes) 2) a video camera points out constantly from behind the T/O (and also at the track ahead) which would show the "guest" not to have operated (and this would also serve a second purpose of "proving" when a signal flashes on a T/O so that he can beat the charges if it's a signal problem).

Like I said, just musing on the situation. When I become a T/O I fully intend to follow all the rules as written. But something like the above would make more sense to me if I was the one calling the shots.

Its a load of BS, the kid was just in the cab watching, he wasnt driving the train. Probably the guys son or something. Big Effing deal. These people love being narcs but if someone was being robbed or beaten they would just stick their tail between their legs and look the other way. People need to worry baout their own business instead of being narcs and crying about some kid in the cab of a train. There is not even any proof that this was the front of the train.

These people love being narcs but if someone was being robbed or beaten they would just stick their tail between their legs and look the other way.

That's part of the "panzee-fication" I was talking about. People love to complain about things but no one actually DOES anything about it. They want someone else to do it for them.

Did this person confront the T/O "hey how come you're letting someone else drive the train?" No.

Did this person immediately alert the conductor "Hey your T/O is letting someone else drive the train?" No

Did this person attempt to activate the emergency brake if they "really" felt that unsafe on the train? No.

How about using the Emergency Intercom? No.

They snapped a cell phone picture, told a NEWSPAPER, and who knows, maybe uploaded a whole bunch of stupid crap to Youtube or a photo hosting site. Then let the paper and the negative publicity handle the rest.

Meanwhile, suppose it really WAS as unsafe as this person thought. Let's pretend there are no automatic stop arms, timers, etc. Just uncontrolled subway and "stop within range of vision" and nothing to enforce it, since that's what many clueless passengers assume it is. This person was willing to do NOTHING when in the "dangerous situation", choosing instead to wait till AFTER they got where they were going to report it. This person in this "perceived most dangerous of situations" felt completely SAFE AND SECURE that they would emerge alive on the other side to tell a newspaper about it. THAT is the biggest joke of all.

This kid was not at the controls he was in the cab but after everything that's been going on ,I doubt this.It is true nobody alerted C/O all that was said was not enough proof show me the pic .The public needs to go eat a eskimo pie or something ,all the time I hear these outrages stories of public complaints but the proof ain't there.(If it don't fit U can't aquite):eek:(K)<R>

Kids obviously aren't allowed to drive trains; no one's even allowed to be in the cab with the train operator, according to MTA rules.

I hope thats not true b/c I've been in the cab at least 10 times on the (G) thanks to a generous T/O.

Hey, can you stop calling all lawyers crooks, and that they all should be dead? Not all lawyers are the stereo-typical ones, and not all lawyers take ridiculous cases. My father happens to be a lawyer and is a very honest guy. He doesn't take any ridiculous cases and so on.

I hope thats not true b/c I've been in the cab at least 10 times on the (G) thanks to a generous T/O.

That is the rule...

Rule 11(j):

Train Operators and conductors must not allow any person, except RTO Superintendents, Train Service Supervisors, Road Car Inspectors or his/her supervisor making repairs, to ride in their operating cab without a written order from the Chief Transportation Officer, an RTO Superintendent or a Train Service Supervisor. On cars equipped with a full width cab, employees of the Maintenance of Way may be permitted to ride in the Train Operator's operating cab, while in the actual performance of their duties, with proper written authorization or with the permission of the Control Center Desk Superintendent. Employees must not ride in unoccupied Train Operator's cabs, except when authorized, in the performance of their duties.

Hey, can you stop calling all lawyers crooks, and that they all should be dead? Not all lawyers are the stereo-typical ones, and not all lawyers take ridiculous cases. My father happens to be a lawyer and is a very honest guy. He doesn't take any ridiculous cases and so on.

Hahah this is coming from someone who is staying in DEAL NJ the Criminal Syrian J*W community that has been scamming and ripping people off for years and only now it has come to public attention when all of the Politicians, rabbis and Mayors just got arrested. I used to work for a guy who is part of the Deal NJ crew and he was completely shady, asked us to over bill clients, fabriate projects and etc...

Hahah this is coming from someone who is staying in DEAL NJ the Criminal Syrian J*W community that has been scamming and ripping people off for years and only now it has come to public attention when all of the Politicians, rabbis and Mayors just got arrested. I used to work for a guy who is part of the Deal NJ crew and he was completely shady, asked us to over bill clients, fabriate projects and etc...

Number one: I'm not proud of what those people have done, nor am I, or any of my family members like that.

Number two: Just because those members of the community I am part of committed such horrible acts of corruption does not mean everyone part of it does so or advocates for it. When those preists molested those kids, does that mean all Christians and priests don't mind it, and that the Christian community likes to rape children? No, it doesn't.

Number three: How dare you say that about my father. He is a hard worker and an honest man. Meet my father before you talk sh*t about him.

Enough with the stereotypicalization.

Actually there is a picture in the Daily News article...

My honest reaction is people need to calm down about a lot of things. Society has been pushed towards what I'll term more politely as "panzee-fication" of this country. Bubble wrapping everything and trying to shelter kids forever. Of course, they're allowed to curse and swear and fart, and that's cool, but god forbid they take a risk or do something a little bit daring...

Lots of older TA workers that I've talked to operated trains under supervision as kids and for many that was what led them to have an interest in working down there.

The bottom line: should the T/O have done it? No probably not. However, the people overreacting saying it was a "major safety breach" have no clue what they are talking about. And believe me, this is coming from someone who definitely understands the T/O is responsible for the lives of the customers.

And for the record I know the rule is "no one else allowed in the cab" and when I become a T/O I will follow it because I will want to keep my job. But just musing here, I don't think it sends the best message that T/O's kids aren't even allowed in the cab, even if they're just watching. I know why (MTA) has this rule and mostly it has to do a lot with lawsuits from "perceived" safety breaches. Ironic then that the person who saw this was a lawyer. Get rid of most lawyers and the cost of everything will go down probably at least 25%. The only lawyers that serve any purpose in this life are District Attorneys and criminal defense lawyers. Any others can go to hell in a burning handbasket.

All I thought was, which one of you guys did it?

I'm finding this hard to believe for a few reasons: if this actually occured more (the kid operating the train) than one person would have said something. Its lex av, regardless of the time the car would have had a decent amount of people on it so someone else would come forward about it either reporting it to the news or using the intercom. If he had the guts to take a pic of the kid he might as well have knocked on the door and addressed the T/O about it. He stayed on the damn train so it couldn't have bothered him that much. While the T/o shouldn't have had the kid in the cab the pic doesn't show him near the controls.

Also to the person who brought the idiot letting his child fly the plane into this, yes the fact that lives are at stake is a similarity. However there are fail safes on a train if whoever is operating screws up. The controls for a train are a hell of a lot simpler than of a plane. Its 1000x easier to guide a train safely along its route than to fly a plane with no experience in both situations.

No on even brought up the fact that this douc*eb*g lawyer probably read about how the LIRR T/O supposedly let a passenger drive the train so maybe this lawyer thought he was going to get his noble 15 minutes of fame by having his name and his cellphone picture in the papers of some kid in the last car of an unlocked cab and claimed it was the front of the train.

People like this should be beaten with a rubber hose, this guy is like the dude who snapped the cellphone pic of Michael Phelps toking on a bong. Snapped a pic of something so they could cause a stir.

PATHETIC...

And I do have an alibi, I was sitting in a park all day.

I was in bed most of the morning and afternoon. First time I got to sleep in for more than 2 months after playing paintball on Saturday and having friends keep me up until 4:30 Sat night... :P

This just gives me another reason to hate lawyers. If it was that same person who ratted on the operater in that cab, you would never hear a thing about this. The kid wasn't touching anything and as far as the story states the person in the cab was just telling the kid how the signals work. This is bullsh**.

Archived