Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
NYtransit

R44 @ coney island yard (56k warning)

nice pics! but how do you get full sized pics on photo bucket? (i.e. higher than 1024x768)

nop,the photo was originally taken @ 1920x1080.i clicked the "1mb file size" button.the reason i didnt re size them was because there were only 3 photos.if more i would have resized them.

Nice catch, but when will it return to 207?

That's odd...it must be there for repairs or something.

while railfanning today i caught the R44 thats was in service on the (F) @ coney island DSC00263.jpg

(cropped)

DSC00264.jpg

DSC00257.jpg

That was not it, The numbers were 5240 and 5260 head cars, Those are just R44's from the (A) for a fix up.

That was not it, The numbers were 5240 and 5260 head cars, Those are just R44's from the (A) for a fix up.

there was 8 cars.so it was a full set,the other set i believe had those numbers

there was 8 cars.so it was a full set,the other set i believe had those numbers

Trust Me the s head car was 5260, The North head car was 5244 that 1 set was on the (F), I rode the whole (F) that sunday, There was only 1 R44 and that R44 only ran on that sunday, there were rumors that that same R44 (F) that I took that sunday night ran the following day (2 days ago) but I did not see it, But that set is now back at pitkin, The other set is there for heavy mantenice, They usaualy on a month to month basis they send an r44 if there is no room at 207th they send it to CI for heavy mantenice and that looks like an CI/207th st Rebuild.