Rider Report Card

Tracknut

The rider report card is really starting to piss me off. I think its a bunch of horse shit. Who's stupid idea was that anyway. What is the MTA hoping for, squeezing out an A grade somewhere. The system can always be improved PERIOD! It can never be a system that everyones happy with. There is never going to be happy riders/commuters/customers or what ever the hell you want to call them.

I Believe its Lee Sanders Idea he is looking to change the way MTA does Bussiness. One of the things he is trying to do is get everyone option on the systerm good or bad. I heard when he first got the job he was visiting the Employees but I never got to see him.

He never visited the DOB. Guess they really don't like us :P.

It is just a waste of time of time and money. Or it was a plan to "show they care of what the customers think" before announcing a fare hike. I think it was the latter, just so many people don't complain about the looming hike. Mind games is all it is.

Quit toying with our emotions!

It is just a waste of time of time and money. Or it was a plan to "show they care of what the customers think" before announcing a fare hike. I think it was the latter, just so many people don't complain about the looming hike. Mind games is all it is.

Very well put. The only thing I can say has gotten better is the cleanliness of the subways. And even that is far from A score.

The MTA can't see everything that goes on. What the MTA should have done was make a report card for its own employees. Let the employees that work those lines to grade it. They can make more professional opinions and recommendations. They're in the inside.

:eek: They just shouldn't give them to the disgruntled employees. :eek:

The MTA can't see everything that goes on. What the MTA should have done was make a report card for its own employees. Let the employees that work those lines to grade it. They can make more professional opinions and recommendations. They're in the inside.

They don't know who the disgruntled employees are. As for giving us those things, we do have an employee suggestion program. That is what we use. Do they listen. It seems NO if it doesn't save them or make them money. That was the old bosses though.

As far as SOME "passengers" are concnered, we dont know a thing THEY know everything!!!

How the line should run, how many trains are needed what trains can be express, what trains can be local what trains should go where...

Need i say more??:P;):o

It would be nice to get the Employee's input but thats not what they want. They think the Hourly are always trying to get over. If we say we need more trains on the line the supervison turns around and say we just trying to get them to add more jobs which cost the Line Money.

Dave thats so true..

Perhaps if they "listened" to some of the concerns about those R142's, R143's,R160's..

That was the ones who was in power before though..

Maybe if the subways got much better grades the fare hike would have not sounded that bad. even if they got better grades we dont deserve a hike not for another couple of years.

It would be nice to get the Employee's input but thats not what they want. They think the Hourly are always trying to get over. If we say we need more trains on the line the supervison turns around and say we just trying to get them to add more jobs which cost the Line Money.

It's like that in my industry. The monthlys are always looking to catch the weeklys as we call them in trying to get over on something. Its all about cutting corners basically if not leaving it the way it is.

Again the Employee Suggestion Program: http://benefits.nyct.com/employee/forms/pdf/espform.pdf

Thats only there for show. I remember I was doing Switching at Continenal on the G/R/V Lines. A whole bunch of us was talking about things T/o's , TW/O, ATD, TD and a Supt. The Employee suggustion box became a topic. He said right off that bat he is only looking for ideas thats saves the Line or District money. Other then that he is not interested. He also said how can a T/O or C/R tell a Supt how he should run a line. They are aware of the problems and feel the current policy works. When schedules don't work because of daily problems the answer is just that Problems are beyond RTO control. If nothing happen you would have time for lunch now put in your No Lunch and write down your delays.

I don't know how Busses work but don't think about putting too many suggestions in the box for RTO.

Thats only there for show. I remember I was doing Switching at Continenal on the G/R/V Lines. A whole bunch of us was talking about things T/o's , TW/O, ATD, TD and a Supt. The Employee suggustion box became a topic. He said right off that bat he is only looking for ideas thats saves the Line or District money. Other then that he is not interested. He also said how can a T/O or C/R tell a Supt how he should run a line. They are aware of the problems and feel the current policy works. When schedules don't work because of daily problems the answer is just that Problems are beyond RTO control. If nothing happen you would have time for lunch now put in your No Lunch and write down your delays.

I don't know how Busses work but don't think about putting too many suggestions in the box for RTO.

I said just that (they won't listen if it doesn't save or make them money) in my previous post on page 1 of this thread. It works the same exact way here. I had put in a suggestion to speed up service along 181st for the Bx36, Bx11, Bx13, and Bx35, also for faster service along 125st. They said it wasn't feasible.

I said just that (they won't listen if it doesn't save or make them money) in my previous post on page 1 of this thread. It works the same exact way here. I had put in a suggestion to speed up service along 181st for the Bx36, Bx11, Bx13, and Bx35, also for faster service along 125st. They said it wasn't feasible.

Well Somebody "saved" a lot of money with the design on those tech trains then..

It wasn't us(T/O's and C/R's who work with them) thats for sure..

Lets see what happens with the next "batch" of tech trains that come out hopefully the higher ups will "listen" a bit more closely that the creatons who was in here before..

They don't know who the disgruntled employees are. As for giving us those things, we do have an employee suggestion program. That is what we use. Do they listen. It seems NO if it doesn't save them or make them money. That was the old bosses though.

We'll have to see how the new bosses do. If he went ahead and started the rider report card it's possible he's taking the employee suggestions more serious than the previous boss did. I really think that's the best way to figure out what needs improving instead asking the disgruntled riding public.

Archived