CNG on express lines....

jfkdepot09

Let me start out by saying if this was already talk about them I'm sorry .........ok now that we got that out of the way ........I was on the (Q)25 today and it had mini (that's what I call them) coach seating.....I was seating in a two seater ...now I'm about 6 feet tall and as I'm sitting there in that tight closed space it really felt strange my legs where hurting and if ur a big person u can't really have no sit next.....or maybe no one at all....so that got me think what if I took a cng bus to the city from ......let's say near from winchester blvd in queens.......that would be a very pain full long ride..... I fell like the orion v cng do no belong on ANY EXPRESS LINE a few reason why ............

(1) if I paying 5.50 or 5.25...for a trip to the city I want a ride wear I can have a little more leg room...

(2) with the cng people can stand for some reason on the bus ........and if I'm paying 5.50 I sue do not want to stand..

And hear a few way we can keep the orion cng on the exprees line without placing new order of new or getting hand me down from the (MTA)

(1) remove the mini seats and put in the mci /coach seats....(please do not relpy and say how we are gonna pay for this ....or the (MTA) does not have any money they all ways find a way to do things sooooo I do not want to hear that) bee lines have orion v with coach seats so we can make this happen......

(2) no standing

Well that's all I have.....sorry for the long tread.....feel free to comment .....thanks .........(J)(F)(K)

I like actually like the CNGs in express service. I'm tall kinda fat person so I always sit on the bench seats in the back of the bus. I'd take a CNG over a MCI for two reasons (1 the takeoff on the CNGs is not as strong is it is on the MCIs, for example if you sit in the back of an MCI and have to walk up to the front of bus and if you not holding on to something you will fall down (Like Hybrid buses). (2 this is the main reason, the CNGs have a back door! If you sit in the back you don't half to walk all to the front just to get off the bus. You people need to stop compaining about CNGs still running in express service. It could be worse, the PBL ran HARD SEAT GMC/TMC RTSs in express service! Anyways I think the seats are fine, if you're an big person just sit on the bench seats or take the train.

I like actually like the CNGs in express service. I'm tall kinda fat person so I always sit on the bench seats in the back of the bus. I'd take a CNG over a MCI for two reasons (1 the takeoff on the CNGs is not as strong is it is on the MCIs, for example if you sit in the back of an MCI and have to walk up to the front of bus and if you not holding on to something you will fall down (Like Hybrid buses). (2 this is the main reason, the CNGs have a back door! If you sit in the back you don't half to walk all to the front just to get off the bus. You people need to stop compaining about CNGs still running in express service. It could be worse, the PBL ran HARD SEAT GMC/TMC RTSs in express service! Anyways I think the seats are fine, if you're an big person just sit on the bench seats or take the train.

Well thanks for that...now I'm not a fat person..I about 230......now like I wrote in my tread...let's just take of the seats from the cng and put in coach seats...on there....like beeline or even back in the 90s when the (MTA) used to use the orion v on the exprees lines b4 they started getting mci...

I ride the bootleg coach buses on the Q44 & Q85 and they are uncomfortable, its always crowded and hard to get off the bus, I miss stops because I can't get off because people don't like to move, even if I yell "back door" or "getting off" the bus drivers still pull off sometimes.

I'm 5'11" and my knees are always jammed up against the seat infront of me. If I have to stand (very often) there's nothing to hold onto because its so packed, I have to hold onto the top of the seat because I don't like to squeeze and hold onto the pole on the ceiling of the bus.

I don't know why the (MTA) has these buses.

I ride the bootleg coach buses on the Q44 & Q85 and they are uncomfortable, its always crowded and hard to get off the bus, I miss stops because I can't get off because people don't like to move, even if I yell "back door" or "getting off" the bus drivers still pull off sometimes.

I'm 5'11" and my knees are always jammed up against the seat infront of me. If I have to stand (very often) there's nothing to hold onto because its so packed, I have to hold onto the top of the seat because I don't like to squeeze and hold onto the pole on the ceiling of the bus.

I don't know why the (MTA) has these buses.

Well what did you expected? thows orion v suburban weren't meant for regular service, am surprised that the MTA didn't convert all of The V's and RTS suburbans to hardseats earlier once they had a full fleet of MCI coaches

by the way how many V's and RTS suburbans are still in service today or are all they converded to hardseat?

Well what did you expected? thows orion v suburban weren't meant for regular service, am surprised that the MTA didn't convert all of The V's and RTS suburbans to hardseats earlier once they had a full fleet of MCI coaches

by the way how many V's and RTS suburbans are still in service today or are all they converded to hardseat?

I think* that by now all the RTS's are hardseats now. The 9200-9300s from Ulmer Park were sent to MTA Bus namely LGA and were all reseated with the hardseats.

*don't hold me to those words.

CP, SC and JFK is still running Orions in express service. JFK runs four IDK about the other two depots.

I like those CNG buses since I get more cushion for da buck on my way to da office on da Q101

Yea I mean I do not mind cng on express buses I just want a no standing rule and refit then to use mci style seats.......those seats that are on there now are not good for a long ride to da city......refitting them to mci style seating would save money on ordering new mci.....for cp sc and fr.......I know...(speaking about fr) they have a few orion v they can do the same....with those to....if I'm right one of fr express line where gonna be cut .....u can reseat those to coach styleseating....so when ever da (MTA) thinks it best to make non sense cuts u can still use those buses for reg lines......bee line done.....

Let me start out by saying if this was already talk about them I'm sorry .........ok now that we got that out of the way ........I was on the (Q)25 today and it had mini (that's what I call them) coach seating.....I was seating in a two seater ...now I'm about 6 feet tall and as I'm sitting there in that tight closed space it really felt strange my legs where hurting and if ur a big person u can't really have no sit next.....or maybe no one at all....so that got me think what if I took a cng bus to the city from ......let's say near from winchester blvd in queens.......that would be a very pain full long ride..... I fell like the orion v cng do no belong on ANY EXPRESS LINE a few reason why ............

(1) if I paying 5.50 or 5.25...for a trip to the city I want a ride wear I can have a little more leg room...

(2) with the cng people can stand for some reason on the bus ........and if I'm paying 5.50 I sue do not want to stand..

And hear a few way we can keep the orion cng on the exprees line without placing new order of new or getting hand me down from the (MTA)

(1) remove the mini seats and put in the mci /coach seats....(please do not relpy and say how we are gonna pay for this ....or the (MTA) does not have any money they all ways find a way to do things sooooo I do not want to hear that) bee lines have orion v with coach seats so we can make this happen......

(2) no standing

Well that's all I have.....sorry for the long tread.....feel free to comment .....thanks .........(J)(F)(K)

AMEN TO THAT!!!

I call the Orion V CNG the "Torture Rack". They have no business being used on any express lines. It is a local stop bus. Ever since Command started using them, they have been hated. They have not improved with age since MTA took over the SC runs. Many people will not even get on one if they have the choice and time. I used to alway let them pass if I knew an MCI classic was coming next, but now, it's pot luck. MTA Bus seems to love to put them on the heaviest ridership runs, and people are forced to stand on overpacked buses. It is real bad on the BM-1 downtown line. All the other SC BM- runs seem to have half the riders, but always draw a new MCI Cruiser.

I'm 5'9" and average build and unless I sit next to a tiny woman, there is no way you can fit comfortably in the microscopic seats. My knees are jammed into the seatback in front of me, and the spacing on the right side is especially bad. The AC has only two speeds: full blast freeze you to death or OFF and sweat. No happy medium, at least, that is, when the AC actually is working.

This piece of crud is not what I am paying $5.50 for. I want a real express bus. They should give all these Orion V CNG's to the Army to use as target practice on the tank gunnery range. When I can't fall asleep at night, instead of counting sheep, I have visions of M-1 Abrams tanks blasting Orion V buses to bits. It works well.

Yeah, but you fail to mention that you are taking up two seats when you sit on those benches in the back. Let me know how you like it when its packed and all the little cushions have a different person on them, instead of just a different butt cheek. Let's see how you fit then.

AMEN TO THAT!!!

I call the Orion V CNG the "Torture Rack". They have no business being used on any express lines. It is a local stop bus. Ever since Command started using them, they have been hated. They have not improved with age since MTA took over the SC runs. Many people will not even get on one if they have the choice and time. I used to alway let them pass if I knew an MCI classic was coming next, but now, it's pot luck. MTA Bus seems to love to put them on the heaviest ridership runs, and people are forced to stand on overpacked buses. It is real bad on the BM-1 downtown line. All the other SC BM- runs seem to have half the riders, but always draw a new MCI Cruiser.

I'm 5'9" and average build and unless I sit next to a tiny woman, there is no way you can fit comfortably in the microscopic seats. My knees are jammed into the seatback in front of me, and the spacing on the right side is especially bad. The AC has only two speeds: full blast freeze you to death or OFF and sweat. No happy medium, at least, that is, when the AC actually is working.

This piece of crud is not what I am paying $5.50 for. I want a real express bus. They should give all these Orion V CNG's to the Army to use as target practice on the tank gunnery range. When I can't fall asleep at night, instead of counting sheep, I have visions of M-1 Abrams tanks blasting Orion V buses to bits. It works well.

..............bm1 rider........I just want to thank you....if I saw u I would hug u lol...I think ur the first one to get my point....unless ur super skinny there no way to. Fit a anther person there....now there should be no standing on themm.....I mean that's just the way I feel........and now I gonna sy the same thing for the (3)rd timer refitt them with coach style seating.......bee lline did it....why can't we........it save money........and no (N)o (S)(T)(A)(N)(D)i(N)(G)..............

(J)(F)(K)

Yeah, but you fail to mention that you are taking up two seats when you sit on those benches in the back. Let me know how you like it when its packed and all the little cushions have a different person on them, instead of just a different butt cheek. Let's see how you fit then.

(A)(N)(D) one more time.......(T)(H)(A)(N)(K) you

(J)(F)(K)

In C PT we have it least 200-225 cng those 500 which was queens surface soft seats about 25% have been converted to hard seats and they don't belong on local or exp these CNG need to be scrapped and that's all to it those buses are garbage paying 5.50 is crazy for them uncomfy buses and I don't like driven them either

You totally miss the topic. Many dont like the semi suburban configuration on the Orion V CNG. My cousin drives for LLT (Bee Line) and the Orions are da best

I know that....it's more to it,but the situation is not that serious....BM 1rider complain everything about Orion v cng like there's no tomorrow....I wonder he's that guy on subchat who be complain about Command RTS cng's when they were in service.

I know that....it's more to it,but the situation is not that serious....BM 1rider complain everything about Orion v cng like there's no tomorrow....I wonder he's that guy on subchat who be complain about Command RTS cng's when they were in service.

Its is a serious thing dude..people are paying 5.50 for a trash ride......I know I won't satand on a bus ride to the city........people would not complain if the cng bus where refitted to have coach style seating.....and if there where no standing.......

Ps.....if ur talking about me ...key word IF ....I do not have subchat......

(J)(F)(K)

Now maybe I'm just lucking out but I have yet to experience one of these god awful rides on a CNG express bus. Yea I'm a small guy (i'm 5 2) but I have never gotten an express run on a CNG where it was bad. An MCI is a difference story. I got on a QM1A one night and there was 1 seat left in the back row. The bus stayed packed well past 193 St/Union and it was god awful trying to get off that bus. Another time on a Bxm3 everytime someone got off the bus I got hit in the head with a bag or something

I get estatic when I get a CNG because I think the Cruisers are overkill on an interborough route. I usually get to lay out on a 2 seater and sleep or the 1 time I got a decently crowded run on a Downtown 1A I sat next to someone leaned on the window and passed out. That back door makes my life easier, not that I'm being lazy, I just don't have to be in people's personal space when exiting the bus. Hell I've had multiple rides on the Q17,27 and 46 during the height of rush hour with Subs and they weren't bad even though the buses were packed. The only bad ride I've had with the Suburbans was 8580 (which to this day I will not ride). If they made a NG Suburban I would hope MTA would get some.

As for the 5.50 I agree with what someone said about the hard seaters. QV and CS pull some ish with that X32 at times. I had an 8300 once and a screechy 549 and I wanted to kill someone by the end of the rides.

Archived