(2) to Dyre Ave

2Line1291

How about running the (5) express during middays, schedule the (2) and (5) to reach E 180 St around the same time so riders can transfer, like the (6) and <6> at E 177 St

It looks like a good idea for AM (5) WPR Express Service from Morris Park/180th to The Hub from 6:30AM to 11:30 AM and PM North Bound from 12:30PM to 8:45PM. Tho this may not work too since this will cost money and people during Midday services south of 180th St relys on bothe (2)(5) but more the (2).. But of course the (5). Heh, when the (5) is suspended from Morris Park Ave to Mott Ave, the (2) get packed since there are lots of Lexington Avenue customers.

And if the (2) was supended and the (5) replaces... oh boy dont get me started with that. FULL AS HELL! 0_0!

- Dyre Ave riders want Lexinton service - Yes

- White Plains Rd riders want Broadway-7th Ave service -Yes

- South Bronx riders want Broadway-7th Ave service -Yes, but a little of both

of course each line has people who wants direct access to there own line Such as Dyre customers who want 7th Ave and people on the WPR want Lex, but thats very little of course compared to the riders living near there line right now. For South Bronx WPR its both but a little more of the BWay-7th/Lenox Lines..

That makes 4 routes on the WPR Line. no way for a <(2)> Express
I more detail I meant keep the (2) White Plains/Bronx LCL, introduce the <(2)> White Plains Rd/Bronx EXP and kill the <5> AM and PM rush hours Bronx express and. Killing the <5> AM/PM rush hour express and have it run local as a (5) in the Bronx w/ the (2) all times except late nights is what im cautioned on. What's the consequences if that happens?

I more detail I meant keep the (2) White Plains/Bronx LCL, introduce the <(2)> White Plains Rd/Bronx EXP and kill the <5> AM and PM rush hours Bronx express and. Killing the <5> AM/PM rush hour express and have it run local as a (5) in the Bronx w/ the (2) all times except late nights is what im cautioned on. What's the consequences if that happens?

Yes but that will get people pissed who live on the Dyre Branch. I dunno how else to say it. Plus Having the (2) and (5) Local and a special <(2)> express sevice might cause delays across the WPR, especially at Jackson Avenue where trains get switched to Local and are being held..

Where would the diamond <2> go? Since South Bronx residents want more Seventh Avenue service then Lexington, then that will render the <2> useless. A <2> along WPR, maybe, but they would probably want their Seventh Avenue service as well. Of course, the <5> could provide local service above East 180th Street, but I don't think passengers would want to give up their "one seat ride" and change trains at the 180th Street interchange.

- Dyre Ave riders want Lexinton service - Yes

- White Plains Rd riders want Broadway-7th Ave service -Yes

- South Bronx riders want Broadway-7th Ave service -Yes, but a little of both

of course each line has people who wants direct access to there own line Such as Dyre customers who want 7th Ave and people on the WPR want Lex, but thats very little of course compared to the riders living near there line right now. For South Bronx WPR its both but a little more of the BWay-7th/Lenox Lines..

You mean Dyre Ave who wants Lexington and White Plains Rd who wants 7th Ave

You mean Dyre Ave who wants Lexington and White Plains Rd who wants 7th Ave

That's what he means. It's all in the statistics. I can't remember the last time the service pattern was different, probably in the 70s maybe. But the (2) would have to be kept with the West Side and the (5) with the East because that's how the numbers were grouped.

Give me one excellent reason why you think that is a great idea. The current pattern works fine. Why change things if its working fine?

If he likes all this then he might as well experonsed the (2)(5) WPR Express Service all over the Bronx. Which is going on since July............><><><><

It looks like a good idea for AM (5) WPR Express Service from Morris Park/180th to The Hub from 6:30AM to 11:30 AM and PM North Bound from 12:30PM to 8:45PM. Tho this may not work too since this will cost money and people during Midday services south of 180th St relys on bothe (2)(5) but more the (2).. But of course the (5). Heh, when the (5) is suspended from Morris Park Ave to Mott Ave, the (2) get packed since there are lots of Lexington Avenue customers.

And if the (2) was supended and the (5) replaces... oh boy dont get me started with that. FULL AS HELL! 0_0!

This wouldn't cost money as it would be using existing midday (5) service, this would actually save the MTA a bit of money due to the decreased running times during the middays (3-4 minute time savings)

S/B (5) express can run until around 12:30pm from Dyre Avenue, first (5) N/B express would leave Flatbush Avenue sometime after 12:00pm

This wouldn't cost money as it would be using existing midday (5) service, this would actually save the MTA a bit of money due to the decreased running times during the middays (3-4 minute time savings)

S/B (5) express can run until around 12:30pm from Dyre Avenue, first (5) N/B express would leave Flatbush Avenue sometime after 12:00pm

But do u think current people who relys on the (5) During midday would wanna see the (5) Skip there midday stop?

But do u think current people who relys on the (5) During midday would wanna see the (5) Skip there midday stop?

(2) riders would switch to the (5) at E 180 St. If riders can switch to the (5) during rush hours, they can do it during middays. Some people stay on the (2) and wait for the (4) or (5) near the stairwell at 149 St GC, those people would have more reason to wait for a (5) at E 180 St for the express.

The express could at least run until 10:00am, and start at 3:30pm (when the (5) begins to get more crowded)

Probably your life, and that of your family, if your fellow BX riders found out who proposed it. Let's just say the RTO operations and planning dept have worked out various scenarios for the (2) and (5) lines over the years, with and without community input, and the present system is a result of that. I've worked both lines exclusively for over a quarter century and your plan is a non-starter with the TA and the community. I see that you live in Wakefield so naturally your inclination is to look at your neighborhood and line but why try to inconvenience the majority for your own interests?

I understand that some of you is stating facts w/ the (2) and (5) service that its fine the way it is, but i'm not discouraged to believe there could be at least one change w/ the (2). Ok... I'll admit, at first I thought about switching the terminals but I really aint gonna go nowhere. But all my ideas involved a least the minimum of a White Plains EXP from 241st to East 180th which should be looked at.

The 1964 subway map was the last one to show today's (2) line running to Dyre Avenue. The 1966 map shows the (5) now running to Dyre. A 1959 map shows through service from Dyre Avenue to New Lots Avenue was Daytimes and Evenings and at other times a shuttle from Dyre Avenue and connecting service from East 180th Street - sounds like the (2) was operated in two sections in those days.

Archived