Protesting against 2nd Avenue Line subway

LandoftheLost

I hear ya, that's what made that place great. It was just another neighborhood - quiet and peaceful and a few bars. But I can imagine the area has turned into 'sex and the city' and for all the wrong reasons. I'd like my quiet neighborhood over chic trash anyday.

I now know that I don't regret moving out at all [though it wasn't because of this, but mainly since my parents were no longer renting out the house in Brooklyn and decided it was time to fix it up so we can live in it than to rent it out and pay the apartment rent]. Basically cut out the middle man ;)

Fair enough. It's as good a reason as any. I want to move to Brooklyn as well but right now the move doesn't make sense just yet.

As for "sex and the city" I hate that show and everything it stands for. It has spoiled two third of a whole generation of women, which as a guy sucks since I constantly have to avoid those types of women.

Fair enough. It's as good a reason as any. I want to move to Brooklyn as well but right now the move doesn't make sense just yet.

As for "sex and the city" I hate that show and everything it stands for. It has spoiled two third of a whole generation of women, which as a guy sucks since I constantly have to avoid those types of women.

Lol, totally agreed about that. I dunno why anyone can tolerate that crap. A bunch of degenerate women talking about themselves. I wouldn't watch that even if someone paid me to.

My mom and sister love that show, I watched a few minutes of it thinking it would have some good *ahem* "me time" scenes and I was sorely disappointed.

How did this topic go from the second ave subway to a show I really do not like at all. If cut and cover was possible for the second ave subway, it would made things go along much faster. I don't know if would be feasible with the amount of cables and pipes below the street though. I guess that is a moot point though.

Constuction work isn't all bad for an area anyway, a lot of the delis in the area are probably doing good business on the workers going there for break.

My mom and sister love that show, I watched a few minutes of it thinking it would have some good *ahem* "me time" scenes and I was sorely disappointed.

How did this topic go from the second ave subway to a show I really do not like at all. If cut and cover was possible for the second ave subway, it would made things go along much faster. I don't know if would be feasible with the amount of cables and pipes below the street though. I guess that is a moot point though.

Constuction work isn't all bad for an area anyway, a lot of the delis in the area are probably doing good business on the workers going there for break.

Sorry about that, but it was kind of related to the state of the area of the Upper East Side, that's why it got a bit side tracked.

Plus I was wondering how the old neighb was since I left it 4 years ago. And it has changed a lot.

Back to topic: I wished they had built the SAS with provisions for 4 tracks, but keep two in service with plans to install the other 2 sets in the future. 2nd Av is not like Lexington where it has to be 2 levels. Everything can fit on one level. And I don't like the island platform idea. It should be 2 side platforms so that it'll be easy to get from the sidewalks to the platforms than to get to a mezzanine and then the platform. IMO.

Constructing them as side platforms would probably save money on the mezzanine as well, but the cost of two platforms would probably offset the savings on mezzanine $$. Also, I heard the tunnel is going to be about 70~ feet deep (from http://www.thelaunchbox.blogspot.com) so maybe there's room for an upper level of tunnels carrying express tracks sometime in the very distant future.

Constructing them as side platforms would probably save money on the mezzanine as well, but the cost of two platforms would probably offset the savings on mezzanine $$. Also, I heard the tunnel is going to be about 70~ feet deep (from http://www.thelaunchbox.blogspot.com) so maybe there's room for an upper level of tunnels carrying express tracks sometime in the very distant future.

I just hope tunneling above for the express tracks won't affect service on the local tracks.

I also wonder if it's possible for smaller TBM's to dig along side the local tracks so the express tracks would in a sense surround the local tracks.

I just hope tunneling above for the express tracks won't affect service on the local tracks.

I also wonder if it's possible for smaller TBM's to dig along side the local tracks so the express tracks would in a sense surround the local tracks.

That is not a bad idea, because with the island platform station walls, the expresses probably wouldn't make as much noise while rolling through. But, we'll just have to see what happens.

That is not a bad idea, because with the island platform station walls, the expresses probably wouldn't make as much noise while rolling through. But, we'll just have to see what happens.

Thanks, and yup. I hope there's still plans for the express tracks. If not for use, at least have them around for flexibility incase of a stalled train or such.

Archived