Brighton Line Rehabilitation Info

UlmerPark B6

I found a good link on the (MTA) website detailing the rehab project.

http://www.mta.info/nyct/service/bqLinesRehab.htm#details

Also, the (:( and (Q) train will start bypassing Avenue H and Avenue M on Sept. 28 but the trains will still run local. I do not know why they are telling people from Avenue M and Avenue H to go to Newkirk Avenue, people from Avenue M and transfer at Avenue J.

Info for Sept. 28: http://tinyurl.com/yczxjvf

the (:)(Q) is running on express track after Newkirk because they installed a platform on Avenue J on the Coney Island Bound Express track.

Yea, but it also said the (;) and (Q) will run local between Prospect Park and Kings Hwy, and I don't think there are any temproary platform at stops beyond Newkirk Avenue.

So far this rehabilitation project has been very interesting,i was wondering about that temporary platform at Avenue J.I'm going to be riding on the Brighton Line this week,i will see if they did anything else interesting.It looks weird not seeing Coney Island bound Avenue U and Neck Road Stations,i mean just with the platform supports and concrete slabs it looks like an abandoned stop lol.I didn't read on the specifics on this project,are all the stations getting the rehabilitation treatment?

I actually drew some track maps as of how this layout is as of today. Forgive me if I have any incorrect information.

To understand this map.

The colored lines are tracks used in service, the black lines are tracks not used, same color code goes for platforms. The green line over the platforms is the overpass.

Prospect Park-Church Avenue

ProspectPark.jpg

Beverley Road-Newkirk Avenue

NewkirkAvenue.jpg

Avenue H - Avenue M

AvenueJ.jpg

Kings Highway-Neck Road

KingsHighway.jpg

Sheepshead Bay-Brighton Beach

BrightonBeach.jpg

Thanks for the compliment, Stan.

Here was what I was drawing in my last post.

1. (:)(Q) service makes all stops between Brighton Beach and Prospect Park going to Manhattan.

2. (B)(Q) service skips Avenue H, Avenue M, Avenue U, and Neck Road, going to Coney Island ((B) still terminates at Brighton Beach)

3. (B)(Q) service moves away from the local track to express just after leaving Cortelyou Road. The "local" track is connected with the "express" one by a curve. The construction crews sliced the two downtown tracks and connected the express track (near Newkirk Avenue) with the local track (near Cortelyou Road) The remaming two pieces of track were replaced with bumper blocks.

4. Avenue J has a temporary platform at the "Manhattan-bound" express track with an overpass at the north end.

5. Kings Highway also has a temporary stretched platform on the Manhattan bound side. Again Manhattan bound express track is covered with this platform, while the Coney Island bound platform is out of service. Coney Island bound trains use the express track.

True. But Coney island bound they switch from local to express at cortelyou. So why cant they make a switch manhattan bound so the(:P could run express from Newkirk. And Coney island bound the (:) could simply just stay on the express.

True. But Coney island bound they switch from local to express at cortelyou. So why cant they make a switch manhattan bound so the(:P could run express from Newkirk. And Coney island bound the (:) could simply just stay on the express.

The TA probably figured its only 2 stops in each direction, plus every Brighton station now could use whatever service they can grasp during this time.

Can you imagine, once the Coney Island-Bound side is complete, and Manhattan Bound (:)&(Q)s will begin to operate on the Express Track from Brighton Beach to Newkirk Av, perhaps they'll push the platform down to Prospect Park, and relay it over to the Coney Island Bound Express Track!, and push it back up to Avenue J. Thats some weird photos opps there.:eek::P

Archived