Thrown Off the Train

Dave160

LOL a conductor will never do that...that was kids doing dumb stunts...

I've seen someone get caught with no fare. If they've gone too far, they'll call cops and give them a ticket. If the train is just starting to leave the station, the conductor will buzz for the engineer to stop and kindly ask the passengers to leave. If they go peacefully, nothing will come of it. If they talk back, he'll call for cops.

Saw it happen to a couple of mediocre looking girls who were hungover the morning after St. Patricks Day. Long buzz, stop, "please leave" and back to the station they go to buy a ticket or find an alternate way home.

PS Maniac check ur PM's

Quite obviously, he tried to jump out before the train stopped. No one would get thrown off like that, risking serious injury. The train was stopping at the station anyway, so the conductor would probably have told him to get off after the train came to a stop.

The only possibility is that he didn't have a ticket and tried to get off before being caught.

But why is the door open while the train is in motion? Isn't there a mechanism that prevents the train from moving if the door is still open? That's the thing about this vid that doesn't add up.
Also, the door open indicator on the train is not on.

But why is the door open while the train is in motion? Isn't there a mechanism that prevents the train from moving if the door is still open? That's the thing about this vid that doesn't add up.

On these cars the doors can be opened while in motion.

I saw that door open too hmm ,(W)ell see ya next fall;)

Lol...FALL! Nice one.

Oic, but i still have my reservations about if this vid is real though. I just wonder how much longer it will take before the news picks up on this vide.

Good luck with that. There are a lot of kids that will do the most silliest, (or stupidest, in this case) things to get themselves "known" on the internet. This would be one of them.

True, I saw some videos of idiots jumping from one platform to another. I think one on PATH and another on the 7 line.

Now that's just a job of a jackass. I really hope a 12-9 knocks some sense into their brains.

How do you even jump from one platform to another? It must be at least 10.5 feet apart if a single track runs through (BMT or IND) and at least 9 feet for the IRT lines. (10 feet for PATH since all cars are 9 feet 2.75 inches wide). But since platforms are usually separated by two middle tracks, the width would be at least double. The outer tracks would run across the walls, so there would be nowhere to land.

Except perhaps at Hoyt-Schermerhorn St, I do not see how anyone could jump from platform to platform. Of course, at Hoyt, one would end up on the dark, abandoned platform from where the exits are closed, so having to jump back again.

Oic, but i still have my reservations about if this vid is real though. I just wonder how much longer it will take before the news picks up on this vide.

I also doubt it's real.

As has been mentioned, what conductor in their right mind would do this? I've seen plenty of people "thrown" off trains but not in the literal sense. All the ones I've witnessed were either fare evaders or unruly individuals. Each and every time there's a cop waiting at the next scheduled station stop to receive the passenger.

How do you even jump from one platform to another? It must be at least 10.5 feet apart if a single track runs through (BMT or IND) and at least 9 feet for the IRT lines. (10 feet for PATH since all cars are 9 feet 2.75 inches wide). But since platforms are usually separated by two middle tracks, the width would be at least double. The outer tracks would run across the walls, so there would be nowhere to land.

Except perhaps at Hoyt-Schermerhorn St, I do not see how anyone could jump from platform to platform. Of course, at Hoyt, one would end up on the dark, abandoned platform from where the exits are closed, so having to jump back again.

From the vids I saw, the just barely cleared the edge. They are lucky the 3rd rail isn't below the platform or they would be electrocuted. Then again that'll teach them >:-)

Archived