Seven bystanders injured as out-of-control car hits Queens bus stop

Harry

Seven people were hurt Wednesday when an out-of-control car skidded on a wet Queens road and slammed into a crowd at a bus shelter, cops and witnesses said.

The white Nissan plowed directly into the group of commuters waiting at the corner of Douglaston Pkwy. and 65th Ave., knocking several people through the glass wall, terrified witnesses said.

"They were all on the ground," said Marina Fishman, who was in the car right in front of the Nissan and pulled over after the crash.

"[They were] grabbing my legs, my ankles, saying 'Please help me, please help me,'" she said. "I didn't know who to help first."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2009/10/07/2009-10-07_several_bystanders_injured_as_outofcontrol_car_hits_queens_bus_stop.html#ixzz0TJI2V4SU

post-1-133288581067_thumb.jpg

Not again.

Why they can't learn lesson?

Accident I spotted

When I was on N4 Bus going toward Freeport via Merrick Blvd, there was trailer truck and car. (Maybe car was speeding).

On BxM4C- huge accident on Central Av when bus was used MCI Coach and he couldn't fit thru, so I have to transfer to W20 Artic on short detour.

Car drivers really need to slow down, even the taxis!

I still remember the news about express bus that was on FDR skidded out of control. Media thought B/O was trying to avoid maniac motorist shifiting lanes.

I knew it, cars are trying to kill people who use mass transit! :confused:

Seriously though, that's messed up, i hope that driver learns their lesson by having license banned forever & forced to ride the bus, or something equivalent.

- A

The guy who crashed into the bus stop didn't even apply the brakes, obviously he was speeding. I checked it out on google maps and there is a fork in the road on that stretch of Douglaston Parkway.

Get this he hasn't been charged with anything yet, the police say it was an accident. Hopefully if this guy has any assets he will lose them due to lawsuits. I guarantee you he was at least under insured on his auto insurance.

The driver was 17 yrs old, that explains it all. He is lucky that all he has is a hip injury.

"According to a published report, the driver was attempting to pass a vehicle he had been tailgating. “He went into the other lane to overtake me [and] he lost control and he hydroplaned,” dental technician Marina Fishman said."

"He hit the curb, and he went airborne, hitting people like a bowling alley,” she said."

Some of the victims were slammed through the glass wall of the shelter, while other terrified commuters barely escaped injury, according to reports.

The crash occurred on a steep, “S” curve stretch of road that follows the Colonial-era wagon trail through “the Alley.”

According to police, the driver “had a clean license;” he was neither arrested nor issued any summons. “We weren’t there to witness an infraction,” the police source said.

That's terrible. This kid could have used some maglite justice.

They should have given him some nightstick shampoo and sent him on his way with a Bronx party hat. Gone are the days of real justice due to Rev. Al and cell phone cameras.

That's terrible. This kid could have used some maglite justice.

Yup people like that shouldn't be driving anythign except go karts at a fair and only if they're "this tall"...

...and under parental supervision.

Lowest

Common

Denominater

Dumbasses

These new bus stops are getting destroyed, the one across the street from me got mangled with glass all on the floor and skid marks on the sidewalk. I think it still has a garbage bag on the beat up side.

I hope everyone is okay, a lot of drivers speed too close to the sidewalk.

Ah Douglaston parkway and 65th ave in the rain. Such memories. Coming down sideways in an MCI classic. Guess none of you guys have ever driven on Douglaston parkway in a bus or even a car. It doesn't take much to get sideways on that road.

True on this it's our (G)len Oaks route and that turn is no joke ,the stop is in a bad spot but (D)(:) is right you bank (S)ideways on that turn:p

Archived