Brighton Line/Kings Highway pics/video

BklynBusMan08

Haven't been back in the city since July. Whoa, what a difference on the Brighton line! Grabbed some videos/photos from all over. Kings Highway on the (:((Q). Trip up to 207th Street on the (A). Back home via 6th Avenue and the (B).

Photos/video were taken this past Friday (October 16th)

Enjoy.

P1110529.JPG

P1110530.JPG

P1110531.JPG

P1110719.JPG

P1110722.JPG

P1110774.JPG

P1110806.JPG

P1110814.JPG

P1110816.JPG

P1110765.JPG

Videos:

How exactly does this express run work? Skipping Av U and Neck Rd was possible, as there are crossovers at Kings Hwy and Sheepshead Bay.

Now that trains must skip Av H and Av M (and stop on the express at Av J), how does it work? There are no crossovers at Newkirk.

How exactly does this express run work? Skipping Av U and Neck Rd was possible, as there are crossovers at Kings Hwy and Sheepshead Bay.

Now that trains must skip Av H and Av M (and stop on the express at Av J), how does it work? There are no crossovers at Newkirk.

The (:o(Q) southbound goes from local to express track after Cortelyou Road. The local track at Cortelyou and express track at Newkirk Avenue is connected by a curve track, no switches.

Anyways nice photos!

So they actually tore out a piece of track and replaced it with a non-movable switch...

It's not a "switch", it's just a track that connects the local and the express for the purpose of this long-term G.O. When it's done the same thing will happen on the other side.

I rerode the Brighton line in both directions today and I can confirm that there is no express service in either direction. It is basically 2 tracks in service due to the Av J and Kings Highway platforms sitting on the n/b express track.

The entire s/b local track south of Courtelyou is oos so they have space to demolish the station platforms.

Av J is not really an 'express stop' but a 'stop in the middle' so riders won't have too many stops skipped in one direction.

Also not related, but: I saw an R68a N train that followed an R160B W train. I also saw mostly R160 Q trains at around 42nd St.

I rerode the Brighton line in both directions today and I can confirm that there is no express service in either direction. It is basically 2 tracks in service due to the Av J and Kings Highway platforms sitting on the n/b express track.

The entire s/b local track south of Courtelyou is oos so they have space to demolish the station platforms.

Av J is not really an 'express stop' but a 'stop in the middle' so riders won't have too many stops skipped in one direction.

Also not related, but: I saw an R68a N train that followed an R160B W train. I also saw mostly R160 Q trains at around 42nd St.

WHAT?!?!?! There was an R68A (N)ovember??? When? And why no pics? Lmao

Archived