A Ride On The Nassu Street Express: Exploring The J Line on 11/14/2009

Daniel The Cool

I thought I share this with you guys.

$25, Museum members $20, Children (5 - 17) $15

Andrew Sparberg, transit historian, leads this tour of the historic (J) train. Ride the rails from Jamaica to Lower Manhattan as you learn about rapid transit in 1885, the initial route of the Nassau Street Express, and how route changes throughout the decades have reflected each new era in a unique way. We'll conclude on the Lower East Side with an optional stop for a quick nosh at the famous Katz's Deli (not included in tour cost).

So anyone is going to attend this event?

These tours are wastes of money. You see things that you can see for the normal fare.

Acutally no you can't b/c I did a (J) tour last year around the vicinity of Broadway Junction, Highland Blvd, Van Siclen Avenue. We took the (J) to 111th Street walked around the vicinity North Richmond Hill to the abandoned ex-Montauk Branch Long Island Rail Road and we got back on the (J) to Jamaica Center-Parsons/Archer walked to the area of York College and Kings Park on 153rd Street and Jamaica Avenue.

I paid $20 for the tour and I got my money worth. I never seen such beautiful houses in Brooklyn and Queens. Though the tour wasn't about the (J) line excatly but it was about the neighborhood around the (J) line. To me thats more than enough history I have learned, I had a wonderful time and I will do it again if I have to!

Archived