Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anytime. Key is that a person does'nt have to kill him or herself to snap back into good health. Just change the habits that is harmful to the mind, body and soul. And of course plenty of excersize and plenty of sleep as time permits. More to it I guess but that's the trick to it in my opinion.

Damn lying bastards. I don't mean it literally but come on, this has been an on going project for how long? This isn't the Rockstar I'm used to at all.

And I wonder why I no longer consider myself a gamer...

Edited by Turbo19

Damn lying bastards. I don't mean it literally but come on, this has been an on going project for how long? This isn't the Rockstar I'm used to at all.

And I wonder why I no longer consider myself a gamer...

I know right? First they said it would be out in late 2011, then in 3rd quarter 2012, after, 2rd quarter 2013, now this? Hell, next they'll push it to 2015.

I know what you mean... Hey, on the brightside, we now have a release date!

That could be changed at anytime just like this MTS RTS and the R179 orders. Hell, the new 600 to 1300 buses will be here before this game comes out. :angry:

Edited by jgood6195

That could be changed at anytime just like this MTS RTS and the R179 orders. Hell, the new 600 to 1300 buses will be here before this game comes out. :angry:

While true, Similar games made by Rockstar has gone through numerous delays... Such as the older GTA games, Red Dead Redemption, Max Payne 3, LA Noire and so on... With the long waits however, All of those games were great!

Max Payne 3 was originally a cancelled game... Picked up by Rockstar when Remedy gave/sold total rights to the Max Payne series... MP3 was supposed to be released back in '09 but was not released until last year...

Trust me, I'm disappointed but at the same time, I'm so used to Rockstar (Hell, any game company) delaying games that it doesn't really get me upset...

A friend of mine has been waiting on a game call Final Fantasy XIII Versus for years since it was announced... Square Enix annouced that game back in '07 if I'm not mistaken and since then, no progress whatsoever... No trailers, no photos, no videos of that game...

Basically what I'm trying to say is that we all (In general not just you, Turbo19 or I) need to be patient because at least we have info like trailers, photos, videos and so on... All we can do now is wait...

Oh no problem dude, I'm 5'11' with a 36 waist. Naturally heavy boned that's why, it runs in my family.  

It took me about 2 months in change to lose the 30 pounds but that's because I run three times a week, two miles on those given days. I did cut out the soda too. I actually did this to offset the weight gain from going cold turkey on cigs and weed. Then I quit drinking and lost even more weight. The main motivation was my health. Then my girl came back from Tokyo now and my diet changed again now that we are living together and we share the cooking. (Thankfully she's napping right now that's how I am getting away with posting here at this hour lol) 

That's why my weight dropped like that. For the most part cutting out the drinking, then sodas and the change in diet to eating more Japanese/Chinese cusine and making sure I eat BREAKFAST instead of pigging out at dinner like I used to.

Also since my mom is Indian (For the record, dad is Chinese), I am cooking much more curry dishes then ever before, which helps. Thing was that all of this just happened naturally and after I got over the slight alcohol withdrawal I was feeling great, MUCH better then before. Doctor regularly prescribes me benzodiazepines anyway for bipolar disorder and took alot of vitamins so that offset the withdrawal from both vices anyway, aside from the love and support she gave me.

My IBW should be at 180 lbs approx like yourself given our similar height so it makes sense I drop the weight. I'll admit not everyone in my family has a high metabolism like myself. I just used to drink and smoke pot heavily, but since cutting that shit out.... I think that's what did it. A good co-worker of mine, this same thing happened to him.

To add: Drink LOTS of water. That's helps too.

LOL... Heavy boned... Yeah right... I'm 6'4" and about 210, with a 36 waist... Somebody has been having too many late night snacks...  :lol: 

While true, Similar games made by Rockstar has gone through numerous delays... Such as the older GTA games, Red Dead Redemption, Max Payne 3, LA Noire and so on... With the long waits however, All of those games were great!

Max Payne 3 was originally a cancelled game... Picked up by Rockstar when Remedy gave/sold total rights to the Max Payne series... MP3 was supposed to be released back in '09 but was not released until last year...

Trust me, I'm disappointed but at the same time, I'm so used to Rockstar (Hell, any game company) delaying games that it doesn't really get me upset...

A friend of mine has been waiting on a game call Final Fantasy XIII Versus for years since it was announced... Square Enix annouced that game back in '07 if I'm not mistaken and since then, no progress whatsoever... No trailers, no photos, no videos of that game...

Basically what I'm trying to say is that we all (In general not just you, Turbo19 or I) need to be patient because at least we have info like trailers, photos, videos and so on... All we can do now is wait...

This better be a damn good game is all I'm saying. With me shelling out nearly $300.00 for a damn PS3 and all.

Hope he makes a return soon. Shortline Bus was one cool cat. Very openminded and very knowegeble on the facts of life. He did a damn good job as a mod in all seriousness.

Regardless if we didn't always agree, he was tolerant of a lot of bullshit.

Regardless if we didn't always agree' date=' he was tolerant of a lot of bullshit.[/quote']

I lost count of how many times he would PM me and drill me an new a**hole for going out of line, I mean WAY out there when I used to bug out when I started here. Which ia why I'm alot calmer now, actually the lectures he used to give me sort of did it right there. I was a total mental case before you joined the ranks with my anger issues. Lol. Oh man those were the days. but yeah, dude, he kept it real.

Edited by realizm

My teacher wrote on my report card "Is absent frequently." mhmm, i was absent five* times the quarter, i'm such a delinquent.

She also wrote "Minimal effort in class" yep, that's also why pretty much every grade i have for an assingment is 80+ not to mention an 100 on the post test, but yes, of course, she is correct because she is the teacher, and nobody can challenge her. I'm talking to guidance TODAY to see if I can get away from those two teachers ASAP. I'm tired of every time I have a reason for ANYTHING it's always "No, I don't want to hear it."

Edited by CDTA

Word? I missed out on alot before I registered here last year.

In general I can understand if a mod steps down, it's not a easy job in the least. It can be very stressful.

I've been a moderator on one forum and an administrator on another. It's time consuming to say the least. I ditched the admin position in a month time because it was so stressing have to deal with so much so I "promoted" someone else. :lol:

Those places are closed now however. :mellow:

I give you props no joke. I'm really impressed by your writing skills. And damn at such a young age, you are up there with the veterans. Those skills will get you far once you hit college, then the working world. From your experience as a mod I can see where you got the skills from.