Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

I give you props no joke. I'm really impressed by your writing skills. And damn at such a young age, you are up there with the veterans. Those skills will get you far once you hit college, then the working world. From your experience as a mod I can see where you got the skills from.

I appericiate the kind words, truly I do. My skills grew over time, but for the most part I devloped them myself.

But it'd take quite a lot for me to consider ever staffing another forum.

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Horrible way to go... Looked like he paused in fear the second before the train hit him. Can't really tell thou it looks like an NS locomotive.

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshh34736U04vW82fazq

Heard the engine of that locomotive btw? Well in advance you heard that thing coming... That's what a real train sounds like!

Edited by Jamaica Line

So to elaborate on the whole mathlete thing;

Me and my friends kept bothering my Algebra teacher after school, and he didn't have enough people for the math competition, so he drafted us in. And that's the story of why i'm waking up at 6AM on a Saturday (tomorrow) to go to a math competition in another county.  Although I have to say, it is going to be quite fun to be in a nerd fight. I mean, seriously, what's funner than showing other people that you're smarter than them? And I know we're going to open a can of whoop ass, because we solved those questions like they were nothing today during practice. Also my name is "Jesus Wong" for the competition. (Inside joke) We got shirts made and everything. I kind of hope that every other team comes in with a suit and tie, so that we can go like "WE INTERCITY KIDS, WE AIN'T GOT MONEY FOR SUITS AND TIES." 

Practice today was fun though. We pretty much wrecked the teachers room, and we got pizza from him. It's funny, we act like we do w/o adult supervision in front of this teacher. (Don't think like that) He literally said "Ya know, I wrote a kid up for standing on a desk today." Then two minutes later one of my friends was hopping on the desks singing "Walking on sunshine or whatever the name of that song is". Oh and we owned that worksheet with all of the practice questions. 

Hopefully this will all go well tomorrow. Oh, and it's being held at this top secret facility where we can't even bring cell phones, which is a shame, because a few of our parents want to come. 

Seen a video with this baby with pertussis. That is no joke. You are constantly coughing so hard that you cant even breathe because you are constantly giving deep constant coughing with blood nonstop with symptoms very similar to tuberculosis. So the commercial is fitting, that actually is how pertussis is really like. I'm very happy I never caught it. Admittably I was down and out when I got slammed with the swine flu in 2009 which I had to be prescribed Tamiflu for. I think pertussis is even worse then even catching H1N1, you'll be definitely in the hospital on oxygen therapy with a respiratory infection like that.

Been sleeping on this thread...

Not much of a party person. I just don't see the appeal in going to bars.

Same.... I don't care much for being around people period.... Being around a bunch of people getting wasted in an enclosed space doesn't help matters....

LOL... Heavy boned... Yeah right... I'm 6'4" and about 210, with a 36 waist... Somebody has been having too many late night snacks...  :lol: 

Lol at your comment & also at discussing waist sizes.....

Another thought. Did Shortline Bus take a leave or something? I know he was involved with conflict but still.
Good thing you brought that up. I was wondering myself. I tried to PM him. Last time we chatted via PM was right before New Years Eve. Would'nt say it here but he got a full plate right now so it's understandable.

Don't know if he left voluntarily...

Last time I noticed any particular post of his was back when he gave his superbowl picks (with which he was correct btw, ravens/niners)....

Regardless if we didn't always agree, he was tolerant of a lot of bullshit.

I'll keep it positive & say the one thing about the guy is that he did encourage discussion....

Don't know how many PM's he'd shoot my way apprising me of some topic/article or w/e (pretty much asking for my opinions on em)...

You should have seen him and Dan (the subway conductor who was once a mod) way back.  I think after Dan got called for testing, they sort of calmed down.

Oh I remember that alright; Dan could not stand Shortline (never knew where it stemmed from though).. That dude Messino had a bit of a gripe w/ shortline as well....

I'll keep it positive & say the one thing about the guy is that he did encourage discussion....

Don't know how many PM's he'd shoot my way apprising me of some topic/article or w/e (pretty much asking for my opinions on em)...

Yeah same here. We used to chat alot via PM, lost count of how many times he would send me a PM and initiate positive conversation. He really worked hard at properly moderating tthe forum and endorsing intelligent discussion, and in getting to know us better.

The less you know the better. Let's just say he was the 'angry guy'.

OK. You got it boss, I'll stop asking then lol.

I did it and it was boring as hell. Medical malpractice case. Long story short the jury found the doctor in favor while the plantiff got screwed despite the fact that the testimony from experts clearly shows that the doctor clearly screwed up. talk about establishing justice for all.

I did it and it was boring as hell. Medical malpractice case. Long story short the jury found the doctor in favor while the plantiff got screwed despite the fact that the testimony from experts clearly shows that the doctor clearly screwed up. talk about establishing justice for all.

Prime example of why I distrust the justice system, from the officers to the jury and even the judge. Just look at how effed up this system is. Look at Apple, winning baseless patent infringement suits. Multi-touch? Existed since before Apple even thought if it.

Mitsubishi poineered the original technology in their devices, I think. Yeah as for Apple we all know this is all a monopolization sceme. Notice that they never win the counter-lawsuits oversees.

Yep. I know about their overseas losses. That's because they don't have a corrupt bunch of pricks running stuff*, unlike the people in the courts over here.

(*this statement could be completely untrue, especially in places like China)

Edited by rr4567

Spoeaking of which they did have that recent sex tape scandal in China. 11 officials so far has been removed. Rumors have ot that they may have links to a criminal network there. That's like members of Congress being involved in a prostitution ring or some other type of sex scandal here in the states. (Which has happened to a slew of politicians in one year alone here in the states so that's nothing new to us)

China did rule in favor of two Chinese companies and also app developers in seperate lawsuits against Apple back in Dec 2012 forcing Apple to pay a huge settlement to compensate.

We're talking about watching Thomas the f**king tank engine?

SMH...

*pokes you* I'm a major Thomas fan myself, and to a lot of people like myself, it was a huge portion of our childhoods. It's still really popular among fans young and old in the U.K.

Good, you don't want to see the newer season eps, they suck royally. It's like Barney and friends bad.

I'll say. The first six to seven seasons ranged from very good to decent. The seasons afterwards really dropped in quality when HiT Entertainment acquired the show's rights. The characterizations everyone had and realistic railway backgrounds were dropped in favor of repetitive, three-strikes, moral-centric storytelling to attract only extremely young kids rather than balancing the characterization, action, and adventure that attracted people young and old from the previous seasons. There are some successful post-season-seven stories, but most are just plain awful!

Edited by RTS CNG Command